First fish of the year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthielm

Reaction score
Not bad for my first trip and first fish of the year. Weighed 9lbs 2oz. Biggest largemougth i've ever caught.

ecca0401b5d6.jpg

We were going to fish that morning but the wind was blowing 25 with gusts to 40. We ended giving them a try that evening as you can see by the waves the wind was still blowing about 20. I was luckily fishing with my heaviest rod and had it spooled with 30lbs spiderwire. I was just fishing around some brush on the dam of my family's irrigation lake with a 1/2oz chartruese and yellow spinnerbait with gold colorado blades. Then wam she took me down into the brush I was able to winch her out and caught a good side view of the fish. I was shocked. The fish size has been down in this lake for the last 2-3 years. We used to catch quite a few 6+ pounders but i haven't caught one that big out of here in 3 years. Hopefully there back.

Now thats a gorrilla! I am predicting that i never catch a fish that big, unless i travel to do it. I think the Illinios LM record is like 11lbs, maybe even 9.

Latest posts