Fishfinder ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OhioStateBuckeye said:
I believe i am going to go with the new LOWRANCE HDS GPS/SONAR looks pretty sweet. what you all think?

well... i took the plunge and got the HDS-5x. Sonar only, no gps - none of the places I fish are in the maps so no need to waste the money. Look around before you buy it and check shipping prices as well. I don't know if the place I bought it from has them in stock, but I got it considerably cheaper with 2nd Day shipping for $15

I looked all over the web trying to find something. I finally talked to one of the guys at Bass Pro and he told me that I wouldn't find any of the water reservoirs or small waters that I fish (electric only) on these maps. He went on to say that most of the maps on these are for waters that already have printed maps that you can find in the stores...

I also looked at getting the humminbird side imaging unit before this one... he told me it would be hard to get a clear picture of the bottom while in my jon boat - he said the trolling motor needed to stay straight for clear pictures, as well as keep a certain speed while trolling... he said I probably wouldn't benefit from it and not to waste the money. He could have been just blowing smoke, but he saved me about $600 instead of buying the side imaging unit.

For those who have access to the BPS in Atlanta.... they are going to run a sale on the Lowrance 510c Fish Finder starting Feb 27 or 28 for $369. They bought about 50 of them to promote a fishing seminar they are putting on.

i just saw the side sonar on a fishing show today looks pretty cool. Im just trying to find a decent Fishfinder that will show me the structure in a decent picture.

When I get my new fish finder, I'm going to be selling my Humminbird 727 with trolling motor transducer. I'm going to post it on here first - that is if I don't put it on my rear trolling motor. I really don't see much benefit to me for it like that unless I have 2 finders in the front with a transducer in the front and one in the rear.

Probably will sell it though - I don't need it... but, it does awesome showing structure on the bottom. I bought it brand new in November, but I'll probably let it go for $150 + shipping.

Latest posts