Fishing for the next 7 days Updated

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specknreds

Reaction score
As the title states, I have fishing trips planned for every day I have off this week except for a mild inconvenience Thursday (something about a Turkey).

Started off yesterday installing my new electronics (GPS and depth finder) then going to a gator and Speckled trout fry/party for the Saints game. If you have never tried gator, you need too.

Day 1: I took a good friends boys out to the Jordan River. We didn't catch to many keepers but the ones we did catch were nice size (2-4lbs). They must have caught 200 small croakers and White Trout. They were fun keeping me on the edge of my seat laughing all day. This was the first time they had been fishing with me and I told them that I'm kicking most of fishing buddies to the curb. They literally took the scrub brush from me and made me sit down while they scrubbed the boat. You don't see many kids volunteer and help out like that anymore.
2008_010111-220141.jpg

They even caught a few stingrays.
2008_010111-220138.jpg

2008_010111-220145.jpg

Stay tuned for day 2 :D

Day 2: Started off great. I took out a group of guys from North Carolina. It was a one stop shop. I stopped the boat in a large lagoon and started drifting. We were all hooking up as fast as we could throw. It only took a hour to get our 75 limit and looked at them and said "what do we do now, it's too early to go home". I talked them into taking turns in the front of the boat with me and we will chase some tailing Redfish. I couldn't get it through their heads to set the hook several times and DON"T give them slack. They went 2 for 10 on the reds we managed to get to hit. They spooked no telling how many. We had a blast even though the reds kicked their tails. I took them back to the dock and cleaned their fish. I sent them off with 3 one gallon bags of fillets. I forgot the camera so no pics.

Now the bad part. I was on my way home minding my own business when a huge pothole jumped out in front of me. I tried to miss it but wasn't successful. I heard metal braking and my heart sank. I pulled over to find my front trailer sping shattered which swung around and snapped the other front spring. I strapped up the front axle and limped a few miles to a marina 2 minutes before they closed. They let me lock my boat up overnight.

Day 3: Up early packing my whole shop in my truck and then off looking for trailer parts (wishing I was fishing). Two cities and 4 stops later I had the parts and headed back to New Orleans. The marina was so nice. They let me use their boat ramp so I could work on the trailer. 3 hours later, a little blood and maybe a tear or two (did I mention I would rather be fishing!!) I had it back together. The only thing left is to order 4 new tires Monday. It ate them up!! :evil: Thank God I brought a torch with me. I had to cut every bolt out.

Day 4: I figured I had better spend the day with my family. We will see what tomorrow holds :D

Awesome report - and I agree 100% about the scrub the boat, I have a few buddies who can get really scarce when I break out a scrub brush and soap

Sorry about your luck with the trailer, hopefully you have some great luck on your next day out...I hate it when you aren't able to get out on the water because something needs fixed

Latest posts