FishmatePro Warning!!! Do not Trust These Guys...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I filed a BBB complaint and Dan agreed to pay back in August. I had to refile and now he is ignoiring them as well. His rating is down to a D- which is one step from the basement. Yeah he ows me $500 but I feel better seeing the word is getting out. We need to keep this topic on the first Google page. I agree with everyone else. It is to bad because he had a nice product. He told me the delay was because some employees ran off with a bunch of inventory. Thats when I knew I was SOL.

Anyway, I am still working on my 16ft Lund So I am going to browse the rest of this site.

See you soon.

Curioprop

Welcome aboard Curioprop. Wish you found us under better circumstances. Hope you stay. You'll find that this is the best group of guys around. We stick together and help each other out more than you can imagine. Stick around and we'll prove it.

Dan after months of lies ,deceit and delays you were notified on 11-9-10 to refund my 383.00.Two months later I still have no well and no refund. After 7 months
all i have gotten from you Dan is lies and delys.Now two months after my refund demand your telling me i will have to wait another six weeks for your" investor" to get back from the middle east to take care of this.BS.Dan YOU take care of this. Dan I don't care if you have to send me a personal check send it now !You can wait for your "investers" return for your refund, I wont wait any longer. Enough is enough, Dan send my refund immediately or I will file civil and criminal charges against you!
( The above reply was sent 1-9-11)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 09:27:43 -0600
Subject: Re: dan dont steal my money
To: [email protected]

Hello Rex,
I do feel really bad about all this, things happen that are just beyond my control, i really should of taking the advise i was giving a while back and just went bankrupt, but im a fighter not a quieter, this has messed up my health and im working out and with the doctor to get it back,i have another company making my behind orders and im not taking any new, except a few small ones i have left over.I well still get you the livewell its a really nice product, i have sold over 1,600 and im just behind on 14 orders i know this isn't allot but as sick as ive been i just needed to get someone else to do them..Ill be more then happy to give you $50.00 back, I understand if you just want the money back. we can send the refund, however my Investor, takes care of that now,and he will be back from the middle east 2 week in Feb,.

Here is my update on my dealings with FishMate Pro owner and chief liar Dan Howell.As you can see by his email his lies and bs never ends.And I have wait for some INVESTER to get back from the mid east to get a refund.Has anyone out there ever heard of any business man more full of BS than Dan Howell?As Im sure youve guessed I have not received a reply to my responce (above)to his 1-8-11 email or have I received a refund.I made one hell of a mistake doing business with fishmate pro and Dan Howell. Ive had to file a bbb complaint and am in touch with the Cedar Rapid PD.along with haveing my atty file suit.Ive had it with his lies and deceit.I warn all, if you do business with Fishmate Pro"s Dan Howell chances are all youll get for your money is BS.

Maybe there should be a seperate forum for good and bad experiences. Someone could post up the person or company they purchased the product or services from. Then anyone could post up about either good or bad service or products. JUST AN IDEA!!!

Knowing how to build websites, the first thing that you def see wrong is they do not have a copyright information at the bottom of the website. You know just from that that this site should not be trusted. Also how its put together you know its a basic website. Most legitiment website will have some professional aspect to them and this website looks like it was taken from one of these free website builder formats and was placed with information about them. Key thing I would advise people is look at websites thoroughly and make sure they have copyright information at the bottom and make sure every link works and the appearance looks professional because there are a lot of spamming people who like people say set up shop just to get your money.

Found this information online:

Fishmatepro LLC
28 41st Avenue Sw
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404-4907
Phone: (319) 862-2728

SIC Code: 7389, Business Services, NEC
NAICS Code: 561990, All Other Support Services

A nice little one line Twitter post: https://twitter.com/fishmatepro
We are having the best year ever
7:59 AM Dec 6th, 2010 via web

My name is Jim & like many others, I've just been taken by Fishmate Pro, LLC. Ordered a livewell in early December 2010... Still no livewell. The irony is that, this is the second livewell I've ordered. (Custom) for installation on CraigCat boats. I've since lost several customers due to non-delivery issues with this company. Filed formal complaint with BBB of Iowa today. May be seeking criminal charges if they don't produce quick. Although I have no reason to believe they will. Anyone else out there in my boat?

Jim

Heck, I can build livewells, maybe I should pick up his slack. Sorry to hear so many are having problems.

I got the same story about the "investor" being out of the country. I was told the $50 I'm owed would be sent at the end of January... Well it's the end of February and still no refund... His "investor" must have done a touch n go and left the country again...

huntinfool said:
Heck, I can build livewells, maybe I should pick up his slack. Sorry to hear so many are having problems.

Good idea. There's definitely a good market for them. Just don't hook up with Dan's investor :lol:.

I think it would be great to have someone on here making custom wells! I'll bet they could clean up!

I'm in the same boat. Ordered a 34" live well last February and...nothing but excuses.
Has anyone reached a resolution with them recently? How?
Probably going to hire a local craftsman to build one for me

You know.....I hate to get involved in something that I really have no stake in, but it's seeming that we are getting more members at TinBoats due to this Butt Wipe that is standing people up on livewell orders. So far, I haven't really seen anything but complaints that he's been leading them on for a LONG time. Why doesn't someone do something REAL about this guy so the others have an answer to their problem with him too. Or...why doesn't everyone pool their resources together and get the attorney general involved....or something?

Don't get me wrong....I do feel bad for EVERYONE that's been taken for a ride by this guy...but he's going to continue to do the same until he's stopped. Has anyone been successful in stopping him? Myabe I've missed something....I don't know.

I'm NOT intending to make anyone angry here, but really have only seen this as a "*****" thread. Hope someone can change that sometime soon.

Fender, just found this forum today and trying to educate myself before calling local and fed authorities. I believe the Normal corse of action in a case like this is to give the vendor every possible chance to make good on a commitment. I have been very patient and understanding of his personal problems; flood, death and illnesses. But 12 months is far too long to wait for something that would take a skilled knocker a few days to build. I'm happy to share whatever I learn from talking with local and fed law enforcement.

fender66 said:
You know.....I hate to get involved in something that I really have no stake in, but it's seeming that we are getting more members at TinBoats due to this Butt Wipe that is standing people up on livewell orders. So far, I haven't really seen anything but complaints that he's been leading them on for a LONG time. Why doesn't someone do something REAL about this guy so the others have an answer to their problem with him too. Or...why doesn't everyone pool their resources together and get the attorney general involved....or something?

Don't get me wrong....I do feel bad for EVERYONE that's been taken for a ride by this guy...but he's going to continue to do the same until he's stopped. Has anyone been successful in stopping him? Myabe I've missed something....I don't know.

I'm NOT intending to make anyone angry here, but really have only seen this as a "*****" thread. Hope someone can change that sometime soon.

I think I have to agree with you man. This guys issues have been brought up since I started getting on the site. Time for some out of the box thinking from all of Dan's victims.

dr_beerman said:
I'm in the same boat. Ordered a 34" live well last February and...nothing but excuses.
Has anyone reached a resolution with them recently? How?
Probably going to hire a local craftsman to build one for me

Didn't intend to stoke the "*****" thread. My question was very straight forward
Also I believe the purpose of online forums is for people with common interests and problems to unite. Am I wrong?

Dr. beerman,

Please don't take that wrong. Fender is probably going to be the most level headed guy you will ever meet. He was simply trying to help you man. We know how pationatly the guys that got screwed feel. But please dont take fenders typing out of context.

Thanks for the kind words Perchin...

Didn't intend to stoke the "*****" thread. My question was very straight forward
Also I believe the purpose of online forums is for people with common interests and problems to unite. Am I wrong?

You are right. That is my point exactly. UNITE. DO SOMETHING TOGETHER TO MAKE ALL THESE WRONGS, RIGHT.

Your question was very straight forward.....but please take the time, if you haven't already, to read all the posts by people in the same boat (so to speak). They all seem to have the same question, complaint, situation, etc...

My point wasn't to stir anything up. I really do feel for you guys. I've been screwed before and don't like it any more than you, I'm certain. But....in this thread, it seems that those that have been "taken" by this loser have only posted their complaints. That's fine...post away if that's what makes you feel better. Yes...it's a "uniting of complaints"....and not a uniting to "right the wrong".

Hope this is more clear, and sorry if you took me wrong.

I understand your position Fender but if no one complained in a public forum how would we find each other to begin with. Also you're assuming, based on people's complaints alone, that no one is working to right the wrong. Phone calls, emails, complaints to the BBB and letters to the Atty Gen are not nothing. My question was intended to garner advice from those those that may have found justice and bring that information to the foreground so others can learn.

I do appreciate our back-and-forth on this issue as I believe it did reignite this thread and hopefully others will jump in with additional info on this guy. An added bonus to keeping this thread active will help it show up in Google search rankings and bring others on board. Thank you Fender! (and no I wasn't offended by your comments sorry if my response came across that way)

Best
Dave

BTW.....Dave....

I see that I failed to mention......Welcome aboard! Hope you stick around and discover all the great topics and family atmosphere that we share here....and of course, resolve the livewell issue that (I think) is what brought you to us. Happy to have you here....REALLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.