Flounderhead went 3 for 4

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
launched the boat at 4:40am and I was supposed to take a non boater out but for one reason or another he was a no show/no call and by 5:15am I was heading out. Set up in 50 SE of the harbor (should have gone North) Set SWR with a Glo Puke and was setting the dipsey with a new green fly I got at BPS and had 85 feet on the counter and was about to put it in the holder when it was almost jerked out of my hand. Landed a nice 6 lb Coho. A little later the I swapped the Glo Puke for a Smurf and shortly picked up a decent Brown about 6-7 lbs. Did a C&R on him after a quick photo op, as I didn't want any trouts today. Had a drive by on a LBB (Little Boy Blue fly) with white e-chip flasher on a dipsey. Circled around to see if it would go again but no dice. Started on a S heading at 75 FOW and the SWR, now with a Monkey Puke took a 5lb King. Went as far as 42.17.50 and turned back north. Pulled lines and headed in @10:30.

Here is the Green fly I got at BPS. Can't remember the brand but am planning on getting more. The front of it is dish shaped and has a hole in it and has real nice action.

normal_24_jul_2008005.JPG

The C&R Brown in the net with the Smurf that took him

normal_24_jul_2008001.JPG

Here are the 2 Salmons I took home. For those that haven't seen this fish board in person, the fillet knife hanging there is 16" from tip to end of belt loop

normal_24_jul_2008002.JPG

This was the first time I used the cleaning station at Wkgn Harbor. Didn't see the boards until after I did the first fish. Saw a couple really big Kings (12+) there. Dude said they were straight out to north in 65 to 105FOW. I was 50-90 FOW, straight out to 42.17.50

Flounderhead - I want to go fishing with you

PS - You are dreamy!

Nice catching and another great report.

Latest posts