For The Bird Lovers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angry Bob

Reaction score
While walking the the local park with my girlfriend we came across a pair of nesting great horned owls. Of course I didn't have my camera so I'd have to come back for some pics. I came back a couple of days later, and as I was driving up I saw mama owl flying overhead, and a crowd had gathered by the nest. I was a little upset that they had ruined my photo op. It turned out that the owlet had fallen out of the nest, and a humane society worker was there with the owlet. He built the nest back up, and put the owlet back in the nest. Mama returned later.

DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0640.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

thats crazy! looks like a great horned owl. the same exact thing happened to me with a barred owl in louisiana last weekend when i was on a camping trip for my bird class at college! it hit the ground about 6 feet from where i was standing!

thats me with the owlet
022.jpg

haha nope no gloves... i was sittin my a creek watchin some gar surface and all the sudden i heard a thud and there he was sittin beside me! we had camped right under them the night before and watched the mama owl feed them a couple of mice. all it did after he fell and while we held him was chomp his beak. my professor explained that it was more of an intimidation thing than a "hey im gonna bite you" thing. he didnt snap or thrash at us one time! we did think it was funny tho... my friend had on a Hooters shirt and when he held it the owl just sat there and stared at the hooters owl on his shirt! lol

and as you can see... he made it back up the tree to mama
023.jpg

That is just too cool! We have a family of Barred Owls living in our back yard. I love sitting on the back porch and listen to them cackle back and forth. First time I heard them it scared the h#$%^# out of me because they sound like a pack of hyenas.

Latest posts