G3 1656 CCJ ((New Lights & Neodymium 3/16/17 ))

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16k boat + what in add-ons & you jump a rock dam with it?!?!?!?!

Beautiful rig BTW.

Added some new LED running lights to the boat this weekend. I wanted the lights to be 360 degree adjustable and most importantly removable (otherwise they would get ripped off eventually). I chose to go with a 1.5" ball RAM mount and it worked out exactly like I wanted. No sharp edges to snag a bare foot on when the lights are off and I plan on using the ball to mount other things like cameras and a bow holder. Will be a few weeks before I get to test them out on the water, but in the yard they looked very bright.

I pulled wire from the boat's switch panel and wired a new switch in for the lights. I used a quick connect on the load end so that I can use the wire for other things like bait tank, cameras, other electronics.

IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG

Triclops.... Will run the lights with my remote control spotlight
IMG_0284.JPG

Also added a couple of neodymium magnets to hold a few tools and one on the console for me phone.
IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0289.JPG

Looks good Jonah, I wished I'd seen this before I mounted mine to the deck or I would have did this. I still may amend that addition at a later date, if I do I'll make sure to give you credit for the thinking. Lol

dearl said:
Looks good Jonah, I wished I'd seen this before I mounted mine to the deck or I would have did this. I still may amend that addition at a later date, if I do I'll make sure to give you credit for the thinking. Lol

I'm really pleased with the RAM Mount solution. Infinite adjustment, easy on/off, and no sharp edges. That's exactly what I was looking for. I used the 1.5" ball and they hold the lights rock solid.