Got a new boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremyt

Reaction score
I have a few question about a boat that I got today for pond and small lake fishing. The boat has no identifying information other than a serial # and on the registration it says that it a 1970 jon boat. It is 13 1/2 ft long and 33 inches at the bottom and 46 inches between the rails at top. I know with a 33 inch base its too narrow to deck, not sure that I will even be able to stand in it. I was wondering if there are any equations to figure out how much weight it can hold? I want to put removable floors in it and carpet the bench seats put a fishfinder in it and hopefully get a bulldog foot controlled TM, I am hoping tommorow to get some pics to put on here and hopefully some of the more experienced could give me some ideas. Thanks

Jeremy

Probably going to be around 400lbs.

Google a searh for "1432 jon boat" and you should get some examples.

Thanks for the info Brine, anyone have any ideas for any mods with a boat this size, this will be my first attempt.

I personally would go with the 7 inch. I figure the bench, plus this pedestal, plus the seat will make it perfect height comfort for sitting. They do make them adjustable if you think the 7inch is too small.

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10205170____SearchResults

Once again thanks, I was more worried with it only being a 33 inch bottom about it being too high and tipsy. I will definately post pics along the way.

Thanks for posting that for me, that was an awesome job. A few questions, how long did the sanding process take you, I have never painted before so I guess its a little intimidating to me at this point. Also along the rails what type of material is that and how did you fasten it. If you don't mind me asking round about how much did this cost?

Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to do that, its almost exactly what I want to do to mine.

Here some pictures of mine before and after. The front deck you see is not for casting. It is dry storage and holds a live well. I built rod boxes along the sides and raised the benches up 4 inches. Each bench has two dry storages containers. I then mounted mt seats in the middle on the 4 inch risers.

Attachments

• 1432 new2.jpg
    1432 new2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 1432 new.jpg
    1432 new.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 1432 old.jpg
    1432 old.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 286