Got a new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

Reaction score
2008 1852 Legend SS
2008 115/80 Evinrude Etec
2008 Natiowide trailer
2010 12v 55# Minnkota Edge trolling motor

I think I'm gonna like it. :D

Attachments

• 31734_395456097797_502097797_4455702_5476527_n.jpg
    31734_395456097797_502097797_4455702_5476527_n.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,928
bobberboy said:
Seth said:
2008 1852 Legend SS
2008 115/80 Evinrude Etec
2008 Natiowide trailer
2010 12v 55# Minnkota Edge trolling motor

I think I'm gonna like it. :D

How could you not like it! Looks like a pretty sweet deal. How fast?

Haven't got to use it yet since I just got it today. I'm going to guess mid to upper 30's though.

S&MFISH said:
Nice ride. Where will you be running it? May run into each other some day.

Mostly the Osage River from Bagnell down to the Missouri, the Gasconade near Belle on down to the Missouri River, the Missouri River, and a few trips to Tablerock, Taneycomo, and LoZ each year.

Just got done taking the boat out for it's first real fishing trip. We spent the weekend on Taneycomo trout fishing. This rig blows my old one away by a long shot! Even brought me good luck as I landed a 19" rainbow pushing 4 pounds. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 19inbow.jpg
    19inbow.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,713
Loggerhead Mike said:
man that things sweet

whats one of those rigs run a feller??

their un-heard of around these parts

This rig brand new from the dealer is about 24k. Outboard jet setups are what most people around here run, but they do cost quite a bit more.

Jim said:
Can you take some pics of the deck and layout?

Awesome ride man! What dealer?

Here's a link to the page that describes the layout of my boat and has a picture. I don't have any good pictures of my boats interior uploaded right now, but I will try to get some soon.

https://www.legendssboats.com/boats.php?id=18-52F

The dealer is Cowtown USA out of Cuba, MO. The boat is a Weldcraft hull, but they designed them to the layout that Cowtown wanted and stuck a Legend SS sticker on it instead of Weldcraft. A Weldcraft dealer could probably get it made the exact same way and instead of saying Legend SS, it would say Weldcraft on the side and probably be cheaper.

Here's Weldcraft's website. They have more of a selection of boat designs on their website. The bass models are just about the same as my boat.

https://weld-craft.com/BassBoats.htm

Thanks for the info Seth! :beer:

Here is a question...What about a lockable rod locker? That is one of the things I want for sure. It also has to hold rods up to 7'6.

The 1860 models had lockable rod boxes if I remember right. My model is an 1852 Flatbass and they don't come with rod lockers from Cowtown. Now if you got the boat through a Weldcraft dealer then you can probably get the rod box installed. My buddy had the 1860 Flatbass model with the rod box and we never used it except for throwing more junk in it. I prefer to just have the rods strapped to the front deck or install rod tubes for holding the rods upright so I didn't want a rod box because it just took up floor space.