got one!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jwengerd said:
your never going to be able to "manage" a future big buck on public land come gun season ... If its brown its down. lol
Truth.

If I hunted public land, I would be thrilled to see a deer.

hunting private land is actually A LOT harder than you think around here. My old spot is now being leased out to hunters, my new spot is worthless because the owners son is an alcoholic redneck, and the two other places I have permission have insane neighbors. Literally insane lol..

Funny you mention shooting does, cause I've logged just under one hundred hours according to my count this year, and I've seen ZERO does within shooting range. I've moved stands countless times this year trying to get on them, but its so hit or miss on public land. You move one place, and anything can happen. People are walking around at all hours, mountain biking, putting up climbers (and having a noise making competition in the process), etc. I'd love to do some doe patrol, but on opening day, you take what you can get. If I were passing up does to take a three point, I'd understand your comment. But when the first deer I see is a buck on opening day, and I have a combo tag, its as good as dead.

Again, I'm all for QDMA and proper doe management... on private land. I'm in it for the hunt on public land. When I'm 40 and own 50 acres (God willing) , youre **** right I'll be passing bucks and stacking does. Until then, I'm thankful to harvest whatever I can.

Latest posts