Graduation project From P.O.S to Bad A**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sougnip

Reaction score
So, for the longest time I've wanted a boat. So for after graduation i when i was asked by my girlfriends dad "hey what are you going to do now?" I said "Buy a boat, but unfortunately am broke." The next morning i wake up go down stairs and their he is with an enormous cynical smile. "Hey Gil, I've got a boat for ya" I was ecstatic until, i actually saw the thing he so called a boat lol. "Here you are" he said laughing. My excitement went out the window and I literally said "what the F***, am I going to do with that." I know he ment to give it to me as a joke but hey I wanted a boat and I got one. For the last six or so days I have busted my butt to revive the dead boat that sat in the yard. Hope you enjoy. Would love to here any comments and opinions you may have on improvements.
click on pictures to enlarge

BEFORE

AFTER

Looks good, pics are a lil hard to see. Get ya a lil seat in the front and a trolling motor and your in business!

Congrats =D> =D> I think you made that liltte tin look great. . Keep on with making the best out any situation like that as they come along. That shows a lot more character, than just whining about it, which is what tooo many people do anymore. Good job 8)

That's a nice little boat and you've done a good job cleaning it up. Now you just need to add a few things so you can fish in it. Look around the forum at other's folk's mods and find stuff to fit your needs and copy it. Soon, you'll be making memories with that fishing machine.

Nice looking boat you have there. Not all buggered up, fairly straight. You are lucky that your GF's dad likes you. You can do a lot with that boat. Did you get the motor with it? Now you need a trailer for it. Good luck with your project. I am still working on mine.

Hey, any boat is better than no boat. And it is yours! Both my dad and my father in law have boats that are way nicer than mine, and I am welcome to use any time I want, but they aren't MY boat. Congratulations and have fun!

After countless hours working on it, she was Finally baptized! Traded my merc 7.5 for a 9.9 Johnson. Rigged up a trolling motor mount up on the bow and modified the transom mount. Installed the fishfinder, bilge pump and a matching boat seat.
PC170176.jpg

PC170171.jpg

PC170159.jpg

PC170168.jpg

Wow !

From a first post on May 22nd to this most-recent of May 26th, you've gone and made yourself one shiny rig !!! That's a rapid progression to a really nice finished product. Congratulations.

Nice work, and great trade on the motor.

The dog is perfect.