Grampa's old boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I love the boat. If for no other reason then me and grandpa spent many days in it after we came back from my pops being stationed in Germany for 9 years. Lots of memories. Gonna make some new ones with my step sons. And when my daughter gets older, her.

Oh and it is a sears Jon.

As checking for floation you should be able to reach under the seats and see if there is any there.

Coach d said:
I looked at your thread the other day. Looks really good.

All I know so far is that it was bought in 1971. Have no other info on it right now. I am trying to research it now.

I have primed and painted the outside. Will post pics in the near future.

thank you for the compliment! im really excited to get it registered and get it out fishing! im going this weekend to the guy i just bought it from and get him to sign a few documents and also to buy a 5hp outboard. just a couple more weeks and then watch out bass! haha... how did you figure out that yours was a Sears Jon?

Coach d said:
Should I cut a hole in the seats and check the foam due to it sitting for 2 decades? And if I do so....how much foam should there be?

reach under the benches, they should be 100% full of foam if theyre like any other boat that has benches...

Just bought this to see if I can keep from rowing back to shore.
https://www.harborfreight.com/15-watt-solar-battery-charger-68692.html

sorry if it was already said but are you putting a trolling motor or an outboard on grampas old boat. p.s. i have my grandpas boat and motor he bought new in 79 and 80, i know excatly what ya mean about the memories fishing with him......good times!!!

Coach d said:
Just bought this to see if I can keep from rowing back to shore.
https://www.harborfreight.com/15-watt-solar-battery-charger-68692.html

im interested in seeing how that works for ya... i have been considering doing the same thing for mine!

Coach d said:
Thanks! I love the boat. If for no other reason then me and grandpa spent many days in it after we came back from my pops being stationed in Germany for 9 years. Lots of memories. Gonna make some new ones with my step sons. And when my daughter gets older, her.

Oh and it is a sears Jon.

i have a 1970 sears that looks just like yours. great little boat for its age.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24716

Good looking boat. Have been acting like a general contractor getting 2 houses ready for move. Thanks for the reply. Sorry for getting back so late to you.

Almost 4 months after it was finished I finally got the old girl out. Been so busy I have not been on here much. My cousin who went with grandpa when I did not went with me. Was a great time with the right person. Small fish but a great time and lots of fish.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352173837.588440.jpg

Coach d said:
Almost 4 months after it was finished I finally got the old girl out. Been so busy I have not been on here much. My cousin who went with grandpa when I did not went with me. Was a great time with the right person. Small fish but a great time and lots of fish.

Awesome. That would make Grandpa proud.