Help with my new troller.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One Legged Josh

Reaction score
First off let me say im electriclly challenged. I bought a new (to me) tinny yesterday with a remote control 50 pound thrust trolling motor. It also has the foot controls. I hooked it up to a fresh battery, and the direction works (right and left), when I try to run it (spin the prop) it just clicks at me. :evil:

Help!!!!!!!!

Did you wire it correctly. Red wire coming off the motor goes to + and black to -?

Check if you didn't do it up backwards? Verify that the motor isn't actually spinning and not turning the prop? The shear pin could be broken.

Check model number to see if its a 24 V and your trying to run it as 12v?

It was already wired up when purchased. I isnt spinning, but it will turn left and right. 12v hooked to one battery positive to positive, neg to neg. I will have to look into the shear pin. By the way it is a Minn Kota 50 with the co-pilot.

It still isnt working :twisted: , The "click" is electrical. Like when your starter goes out on your truck it just clicks. Anyone have some advise?

yes check the battery voltage, that motor is designed to shut off at a certain current, It may possibly have a bad motor as well..

countryboy210 said:
Do You Have A VOM ( Volt - Ohm Meter ) ? What Is The DC Voltage Now, And When You Engage The Motor ? Do You Have Another Deep Cycle Battery, To Swap Out To Repeat Test With?

I will get my brother over here, he is an electrical apprentice. I will let yall know what happens. THANKS.

I got it to work today. My buddies came over and we pulled the whole thing apart and got a repair manual online. An hour with some jumper wires and some testing we had the problem isolated and it was a dirty connection inside the main case.=D>

Latest posts