Help with wiring lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcontrer82

Reaction score
Hi, I am unfamiliar with wiring on these boats. I have been searching the forum but I am still a little confused. I have a 14' alumacraft that I would like to wire some navigation lights, bow light, anchor light and control them from a switch. I have a trolling motor but I don't really use it so that is not an issue. Can someone please give me some diagrams on how I could wire this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You can buy a fuse panel.(Since it sounds like you dont use alot of electronics you could get the blue sea systems 6 panel blade fuse block). Connect the hot wire from the battery to the main terminal of the fuse block. And the ground to the ground bus on the fuse block.( I dont know but Im pretty sure you need to fuse the wire from the battery to the fuse block. But run the hot wire from the front nav light to your switch and then from the switch to the panel. And then the ground straight to the fuse panel. And the same with the rear light.
jamestowndistributors.com has everything you would need.

I AM NOT A PROFFESIONAL! But this is how I am going to do it to my boat.

I would look at other threads and see how they did it to.

theyyounggun said:
And Im pretty sure you will need to fuse your hot wire coming from the battery. #-o

You could use a fuse between the battery and the fuse panel but I would recommend a circuit breaker, the size would depend on how much draw you have, you would want the circuit breaker to be just a little more than your max draw.

I use this diagram for nav lights.
Click on drawing to see bigger pic.

Attachments

• navaigation_switch_rev_2.jpg
    navaigation_switch_rev_2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 524
I was looking and Amazon has the best price on a switch. Look at Ancor Marine Grade Electrical Sealed Rocker Switch. 554010 And you could get your wire from there to. :)

Latest posts