Here she is. My 1648 with a 90 HP yamaha jet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semojetman

Reaction score
I told everyone on here I was getting it, and it seemed like it took forever, but here is some pictures of it.

2011-03-18_17-57-01_495.jpg

2011-03-18_17-57-12_918.jpg

2011-03-18_18-05-54_826.jpg

2011-03-18_17-57-48_443.jpg

2011-03-18_17-58-00_443.jpg

2011-03-18_17-58-10_703.jpg

I still have the plans of a 1752 Blazer Super Sport with the rigging off of this boat, but I might run this one awhile until I get everything ready for the new boat.

Any comments and ideas welcome.

i think shes a beaut!

if you drive fast to the river, it will blow all the leaves out and she will look brand new.

good luck on your maiden voyage

Yeah. We took it out yesterday and they all blew out. Still needs some cleaning, but im excited to do it. Trying to rush summer

Get out the vaccum and water hose out and you will have it looking like new. A little elbow grease goes a long ways and works miracles!!!

yeah, shes needs some cleanin.

prolly gonna start with a good wash job, paint the trailer, and carpet.

considering painting the boat, I dunno.

When I go to put my blazer together, what do you guys think I might be able to get out of the 1648 alumaweld.

It will likely be the boat recarpeted, with the console and seats, trailer repainted and new bearings, likely new wheels and tires on trailer.

It just would not have the motor, steering and throttle cables, and maybe the trolling motor.

I like that rig a lot! I have a 1648 as well, with a 50 hp powerhead. What is that boat rated for engine wise? I feel like a motor that size would sink my boat! My boat will run about 30 mph at full throttle, so that thing is going to fly!!!! Let me know how it runs, as I would like to upgrade motors in the future.
David

It runs out great.not outragiously fast. The boat is rated for a 50 horse max so its not too far over with 90 at the powerhead and 65 at the jet.

Any idea on the speed? I would guess close to 40 mph. And I don't think the motor is too fast, I just thought the extra weight might cause a problem. My boat already drafts more water in the back, than front, and I could only imagine adding another 200+ pounds with a larger motor. I'm not hating, if the weight isn't too much I would like to do something like that in the future. Sounds like a fun ride.

That's a great boat. I have one just like it that I'm selling to a friend (with slightly different interior). Those AlumaWelds are great sturdy boats. Nice score.

yeah, I like it. I still want to buy a blazer supersport , but I do like things about this boat.

The front deck is big. boat is really light and rigid.

Our boat is almost identical to yours. It is a 1650 all welded Alumacraft with a 90 horse Yamaha jet. Depending on the load, and current speed it will run between 33 and 36 mph. It is a good all around boat and has served us well.

What do u guys think? Paint, polish, just clean up? The boat has some dents. I plan to fish out of it and just run the river for fun.

IMO Clean hull with alumabrite or similar product to get scum line off. Give trailer a good coat of gloss black paint and re-paint the wheels gloss white and she oughta shine like a new penny.

Brian J said:
IMO Clean hull with alumabrite or similar product to get scum line off. Give trailer a good coat of gloss black paint and re-paint the wheels gloss white and she oughta shine like a new penny.

Where are you guys getting alumibrite in Missouri? I haven't been able to find it. All I've found is Toonbrite from BP. I have no idea if that works as well.

You can get a product called Zep-Alum from troutt and sons in St. James. pretty sure it is the dame thing as Alumabrite. I used it to clean the scum line of my dads boat and it works great.

=D> Nice!

When I go to put my blazer together, what do you guys think I might be able to get out of the 1648 alumaweld.
It will likely be the boat recarpeted, with the console and seats, trailer repainted and new bearings, likely new wheels and tires on trailer.
It just would not have the motor, steering and throttle cables, and maybe the trolling motor.

Any idea how much you're eventually going to ask for the 1648 alumaweld (if I read this post right)?

When I get the new boat, and get ready to swap, I'll most likely sell the 1648.

I will probablt ask 1500-2200 just depending what all I have done to it by then and what all I decide to leave on it.

Will most likely have been aluminum cleaned. New carpet, new paint on trailer, new bearings on trailer, new wheels and tires likely.
Trolling motor might go with it.

The things I will for sure be taking off, is the motor, steering, and throttle cables

Latest posts