HOLEY CR**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad and I used to put his heavy old fiberglass double hulled trihull 14' boat out in the yard to wax it. To put it back on the trailer we flipped it over, wet the bunks and pushed and cranked it back on the trailer.

Jim said:
Or you could judt flip it over, fill it with dirt and throw some plants in there, I've seen that before. :shock:

Hmmmm:

Front%20end%20Dmaged%20flower%20Boat.jpg

flounderhead59 said:
Dad and I used to put his heavy old fiberglass double hulled trihull 14' boat out in the yard to wax it. To put it back on the trailer we flipped it over, wet the bunks and pushed and cranked it back on the trailer.

That's really not a bad idea. Flip the boat over, then position the trailer in front of it, block the wheels real well, tilt the trailer where the tongue is in the air, wet the bunks, and crank it back on, and as the weight moves forward the trailer will set itself down (with someone assisiting in the lowering). A buddy of mine sprays Pam on his bunks and it sure assists in launching/loading. He has a 1542 Lowe jon.

Sounds good - Still will take at least 4 people to flip the boat over. I have to be careful not to damage the lower unit on the outboard

I have a few friends who "volunteered" coming tomorrow evening to help

Will take pics

Waterwings said:
flounderhead59 said:

That's really not a bad idea. Flip the boat over, then position the trailer in front of it, block the wheels real well, tilt the trailer where the tongue is in the air, wet the bunks, and crank it back on, and as the weight moves forward the trailer will set itself down (with someone assisiting in the lowering). A buddy of mine sprays Pam on his bunks and it sure assists in launching/loading. He has a 1542 Lowe jon.

I've read the somewhere before!

Waterwings said:
Can you remove the motor first? That would reduce the weight, and eliminate any possible damage to the motor.

Nope - there is no way I can get it off with the boat on it!

We will just flip it and rest it back on the trailer - 4 people can do it easy

I HOPE!

Nope - there is no way I can get it off with the boat on it!

Hmmm, I'm just guessing that the motor is bolted to the stern. Looking at the pic there appears to be enough room to lay on the ground and loosen and then remove the bolts. Before that I'd place some blocks of wood under the sides of the boat to hold it where it is prior to removing bolts. After that it's a matter of lifting the boat away from the motor; leave the bow on the ground until you clear the motor and flip/roll it in one motion, while someone else drags the motor away from the boat. Just another thought, and trying to save some back pain :)

We just came back from Home Depot. This wind is insanity. At one end of the parking lot, there is a 30 foot retaining wall, dropping down right at the edge. They have a 5 foot double bar guard rail, and a 10 foot chain link fence. Y'all know all those premade barns and storage buildings? Well, they are set up in the row of spaces by the drop off. Well, we roll in, and there are 3 or 4 employees walking around, and shouting to each other. We go in, and they tell us that a couple of the buildings have blown over. The cheap plastic ones have disassembled, and all the pieces are flat up against the fence, and a couple of the 10 by 12 or so single story buildings have blown OVER the 10 foot fence, and came crashing down the other side. The larger buildings used to be 3 feet away from the edge. Now, they are up against this guard rail.

Then, we are trying to load up the lumber, and they have all these stacks of 4 x 6 hardeeboard underneath the dry loading area. These sheets looked as if they were going to lift off at any minute. Then, I have a 16 foot 4 x 4 on my shoulder, and a large piece of the packaging broke off, and came toward me, while I thought I was about to get pounded by a piece of hardeeboard. Now, I am not real maneuverable with a board on my shoulder, so I about had a problem, but luckily I managed to keep on all 2 feet, without really hurting myself.

Wife and I stopped by the store the other afternoon and noticed it was 50 degrees on her rearview mirror and 20 minutes later when we came out it was freezing rain/sleet and 35 degrees. 2 miles later it was 32 degrees.

Come on cold! Make some more ice on the lakes! :D :D

Thanks to the strong arms and good hearts of Mr. Fish and Mr. Shizzy (Hey Shamoo, should that be Mr. Mr. Fish?) the boat is back on the trailer no worse for the trip!

Some water did get under the cowling on the motor, so I will be spraying CRC after I let it dry all day tomorrow to prevent rust.

A big Thank You to Mr. Fish and Shizzy for their help