How to? Numbers on a riveted hull...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsuden

Reaction score
I'm about to put my plastic peel-off numbers on my aluminum jon boat, and it looks to me like the area where the numbers need to go is riddled with rivets. Anybody found a solution to that? Do you wind up having to put a plate on the hull first and stick the letters to that? Otherwise I have a feeling it's gonna look pretty bumpy and bubbled.

I'm not sure what plastic peel-off numbers are? If your using vinyl lettering it will be fine just work the vinyl in around the rivet head. You may have to use a pin to poke a hole to let the air out.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=320372#p320372 said:
lckstckn2smknbrls » 27 Jun 2013, 10:12[/url]"]I'm not sure what plastic peel-off numbers are? If your using vinyl lettering it will be fine just work the vinyl in around the rivet head. You may have to use a pin to poke a hole to let the air out.

Yep, that's what I meant, the vinyl letters/numbers. Good advice. We're doing just that, thanks.

i had this issue too, but after i working the vinyl down around the rivets with some heat, it kept tenting back up and not laying flush. i ended up just cutting out circle notches for the places the rivets interfered with the lettering and that has worked well.