How's the used tin market in your area this year?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet

Reaction score
I have to figure that a bunch of folks here wander through Craig's List and the like looking at boats for sale, special bargains, or dream boats and stuff like that. I know I do.

Sure seems like this year I'm seeing a LOT of boats that just keep on getting re-listed, over and over.

Does it appear that there are fewer boat buyers this year, or is that just an incorrect impression I'm getting? Maybe folks are buying new boats and the used market isn't busy.

Or, could just be a wrong impression I'm getting. I know boats are often considered a luxury item on tight budgets.

What do you think?

Thanks.

I scour Craig's List every day just because I'm curious and it's interesting to see what's out there. I don't have a real sense of the market but it's my feeling there are fewer jon boats for sale right now. There are lot's of canoes and good ones too plus kayaks. What I am surprised about is all the vintage 50' and 60's aluminum runabouts for sale right now. I'm especially interested in these so I've been paying attention. I'm so lucky I don't have a barn or it'd be full and I'd be broke.

I have noticed that many of the boat related items on craigslist in my area are relists. I have seen several that haven't changed in a whole year. And it's not just the boats, also outboards, trolling motors ect.....

Slim to none in Western P.A. I've been looking to get a bigger boat but their just aren't many around and the price tag on some new ones are close to a new pickup.

I look on CL every day.
In our area it seems like anything decent and priced within reason sells pretty fast.

V bottoms are reasonable, flat bottoms go for to much and quickly. Flat bottom market stays strong year around do to fishing in summer and duck hunting in winter. We have lots of rivers and a flat bottom with jet pump is a must.

I browse CL on a regular basis, and the same one's show up day after day around here, either over priced, just a few hundred less than a new one and some are under powered, etc., they bought it and did not use it like they thought, etc. some of the one's I've seen I wouldn't pay the asking price as it will take a lot of work to get it looking decent and water ready. LOL