Hydro turf install

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djknyork

Reaction score
Just ordered some hydro turf for the bottom of the tin. I got the hydro turf mat without the adhesive backing. For those of you that have installed this style what adehesive did you use and hows it holding up? My initial thought was contact cement on both the floor and the back of the mat but wondered if spray on adehesive would be easier (but is it waterproof).

Your experiences/thoughts are appreciated.

3M Super 90 spray adhesive is commonly used to affix traction mats to PWC's and jet skis. Apply it to the mat, as well as the surface (clean the surface thoroughly with acetone or denatured alcohol first) then position the mat and press down.

BTW, hydro turf is really good stuff, it will last a long time. I usually buy it with the adhesive backing, for the added convenience, but it costs more, for sure.

I used contact cement and I've had no issues after 3+ years.. also my boat stays uncovered outside year round. Contact cement can be tricky though if you never used it before because of the instant setup.

Thanks guys I'm looking forward to getting it installed. I think I'm going to use the spray adhesive, sounds a bit easier and since I don't have any experience working with contact cement. lol

Latest posts