I am getting excited!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waterwings said:
My brother has the Droid and it is impressive. He says he's had great coverage (Verizon) on his current cross-country tour (on his big-a$$ Harley Ultra-Glide) :shock: . My wife has an Iphone 3G (not the new 3Gs model), and it will not keep a charge on the battery. Once the contract is up she's going to something else. We have AT&T, and we've had no problem on coverage while traveling. My old Razr V3xx is still going strong, keeps a great charge, and takes good pics, lol. I'm not real big on all the apps thing.

Mine wont hold a charge either. I shouldnt need to get a new battery already.

I can pee further than all you guys!! Just kiddin :LOL2: I have a 3GS and I like it, but Im sad to say my buddies droid is faster. I still wouldnt give up my iphone for one though. Its just so simple to use, and user-friendly. Even my 4 year old son can pick it up and start navigating through the apps. And he just loves Flick Fishing and SuperCross. I say if you like your phone, run with it. Dont matter if its a old school Nokia or a cool new Droid. Fact is all technology gets outdated. In six months none of us will have the coolest phone on the market.

And you wonder why you gotta sign a 2 year contract??? My iphone is gonna be a dinosaur in 2012 when I can finally upgrade.

On another note about cell phones, I was at the boat ramp with my dad a couple of weeks ago and he dropped his new verizon Casio Rock off the side of the boat in about three foot of water. He casually turned the boat around, got his dip net, and scooped up the phone. Just as he pulled it out of the net, my uncle called, and my dad opened the phone and my dad said "Hey man we just put the boat in the water, Ill call you when we get to the other side of the lake". Then he looked at me and said "I wanna see that fancy a$$ iPhone do that sh!t". As soon as we got up the lake, he called my uncle back. No damage to the phone whatsoever.
Amazing.

That Casio Rock sounds like a good investment. I'm wondering what penalty we would pay if we opt out of my wife's remaining contract on her iPhone (about a year left on the contract).

Side note: You guys have a lot of water from storms on base at Millington?

2000 people from base housing were evacuated. The base filled up like a fish bowl. 6' deep inside homes. Most of the water has receded. I'm the only Prev Med Tech(health inspector) here on base right now, so mold inside the homes is the biggest concern right now. We lost the gas station and most of the commissisary. There were quite a few homes that were total losses. The old barracks by the front gate is more than likely gonna be bulldozed. It's pretty bad. Military families are staying in various hotels around town until the repairs are finished.

Thanks for the info. The only thing we heard (in a email) from our boss at Millington, is that they were only going to the office in the mornings to check phone msgs, etc. His office is on the second deck of their bldg. on the base.

perchin, sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Waterwings said:
I'm wondering what penalty we would pay if we opt out of my wife's remaining contract on her iPhone (about a year left on the contract).

Iphone is AT&T and AT&T uses sim cards - you should be able to just pull sim and use in a different ATT phone. I upgraded thru craigslist with this option and only had to buy the phone, worked right off the bat, no assistance needed. Didn't use an Iphone though, I like to mod too much. :roll:

Yeah, they tell you that...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kf9oHGzLF_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kf9oHGzLF_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Better yet, this one puts the card in an different phone - just what I was saying...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2YsQ3sobztk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2YsQ3sobztk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Great news is, you can keep the iphone as a backup, or sell it. There still is a very good market for iphones.

Perchin... you still like your Droid Incredible? Mine should be delivered this coming week and I can't wait to play with it.

poolie said:
Perchin... you still like your Droid Incredible? Mine should be delivered this coming week and I can't wait to play with it.

Oh yeah...... I love it, in fact I'm using it to write this response right now.

Congrats on your purchase.... you won't be disappointed.

Latest posts