I need advise modding my new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank ZX

Reaction score
Hey,I'm new to the site.My father-in-law gave me a old Appleby 12 foot row boat.I want to fix it up to be the ultimate fishing boat on a tight budget.It has a few minor cracks,but I do sheet metal repairs on aircrafts,so a doubler or two will fix that problem.I'm just not so sure how well these boats do as fishing boats?I would like to build a casting deak on the front.For the time being,it will be powered by a electric trolling motor only,12V.How can I get the longest life out of my battery.
Thanks for any help.

Good Morning, Frank, and Welcome Aboard! Check through the topics by members located in the Boat Mod forums here https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=13, and you'll see some nice mods done by the members. As far as the tm battery, I recommend starting with a new one, or one that you know is in good shape. Then keep the water levels filled properly using distilled water only, and also charge it everytime you return from an outing. Ensure you have a deep cycle marine battery.

For the longest life from your battery, go with one of the newer digital trolling motors.

They are more expensive but worth it when battery life could be an issue.

I wish that they still made the separate digital Maximizers. I would purchase one for my boat.