I think I'm Drain Bead today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Okay...I feel stupid, and I'm going to feel more stupid when someone answers this I'm sure.

Humminbird makes a finder Model: 597 ci HD DI

HD= High Def
DI= Down Imaging

What the heck does the ci stand for? I can't find this anywhere? #-o

The Humminbird 597CI DI (HD) has GPS, SONAR, and DOWN IMAGING. Since I work at BPS I have seen these units and i must say though all i like is lowrance I am already in the process of getting this unit even though fishing season hasn't started here because of the recent snow #-o . This unit has a basic GPS that can be used to place waypoints and track where you go. It has the ability to take a navionics chip as an add-on for detailed water charts later on. It has a sonar unit that gives you the information for fish arches and some structure through the echos. Down Imaging is also included which gives you a detailed representation of what structure is on the bottom of the body of water you are on. Overall this unit is incredible! Like i said before im a lowrance guy but with unit is the only humminbird unit I will buy because its picture is just fantastic. Its down Imaging looks even sharper than the thousand dollar humminbird units. Overall, for the price it is the best unit out there and I cant wait to us it once it gets warm out!

Thanks guys. I'm shopping around for the best price on it right now. Hope to have one in my boat before the 3rd week of March when I'll be fishing my first tournament.

fender66 said:
Thanks guys. I'm shopping around for the best price on it right now. Hope to have one in my boat before the 3rd week of March when I'll be fishing my first tournament.

I'm in the market for a FF upgrade myself. Let us know if you find a good deal.

ScottMD said:
I'm shopping for that same unit best deal so far is $579.

That sounds like a good price. As soon as I square up with the tax man I'm going to get one.

ScottMD said:
I'm shopping for that same unit best deal so far is $579.

So, where was that? I found it about the same, but don't have my notes in front of me. I think it was Hodges, but not sure right now.

https://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=humminbird+597ci+hd+di&cp=0&qe=NTk3IGNpIEhEIERJ&qesig=mfjB9pejHEtJSQUthEAWqA&pkc=AFgZ2tliA9Xd97JbDx4Xi70YJhmAZWhnWyj07R9nwzEPAdvzZ71jVwIxIHjqxBZ6p6HOymeWWwSjIqzLkXFjIGwoXnFKWrlh0g&um=1&biw=1899&bih=867&wrapid=tlif129847190883810&ie=UTF-8&cid=12869925742332303307&sa=X&ei=7RtlTaihCMWAlAfB6pzYBg&ved=0CFgQgggwAA#

Latest posts