impeller work

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
moelkhuntr said:
Some guys have also lost MPH after he worked on the, myself included! So, don't count your chickens before they hatch! Better listen to Lil Blude Rude

Blue Rude knows his stuff, no doubt.

I have heard nothing but good stuff about "The Weave". I am curious to hear about where you started off and what you had done to lose MPH.

I was running 40-42 GPS on lake and took Terry the NEW impeller and intake and linner and picked it up in a couple days. It was rough and looked like he had used a right angle grinder on it and took it to lake and run 34-35 GPS. Took that impeller out and bought NEW impeller and went back to lake and run 38-39 GPS. End of RANT! Listen to Lil Blue Rude, a what you can and can't do to a jet, he knows his stuff and he has done it by Hand!

Thanks moelkhuntr. Sorry to hear about your luck with the boat. This isn't the first time I've heard of someone having trouble with Weavers work in the past few weeks. He might gain some people but I've not been impressed with what work I've seen.
Lemi what year is your motor? Reason I made the comment about the 4 strokes not pulling a 6 7/8 is because mercury has started cutting around 3/4" off the trailing edge of the 6 7/8 impellers to increase the rpms vs the old quicksilver 6 7/8 stainless. Not all the 4 stroke mercs have these cut back impellers.

Thanks Lil Blue Rude!!!! I just think people should know it's not a 100% fix to hand someone $100-$200 and come away with 3-5 mph gain on a jet! You can lose just like you can gain. Those last mph's are hard to come by!

My merc is a 2017 . I am unaware of any cut back they did on auger sorry my bad. My gain has not only been from my interior auger work I am running very loose modified grates . The intend of this post was not to wage war on anyone buy to simply ask ? . My auger work was not done by terry (no him very well ) I took mine somewhere else just to explore options
Thanks for all the input ...

Lemi I not trying to start a war on this either just stating what've I found out over the years from testing and tuning. You're right there is room for improvements in test and trying things.

Blue rud I agree totally . what have you found works that works the best I know you can only put so much water through them or you will start going the other way there just not enough power there I wish someone could come up with something to beef up motor a guy can only do so much with the pump like I said I have not had my auger polished yet how much does that help and also is my auger you think one of the 3/4" cut back you think then

Lemi your motors new enough it should have the cut back impeller in it which explains why your getting 5500rpms. To me things like polishing or lightening a impeller, or a twister nut by its self won't be much of a noticeable gain but a bunch of small things added up should lead to a gain of some sorthow much depends on your setup.

Latest posts