IRI 11-11-08 Much Better :)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hengstthomas

Reaction score
I wasnt planning to go out tonight but someone told me they put a bunch of rocks in the water around the bulkhead at IRI and it was nothing but snags .. I had to see for myself .
I got there around 8:45pm and at first I thought maybe he was right as I saw a weird looking rip that was WAY out of place .. I found out soon later that what I was told was wrong ... I am glad too ;)
I made 3 casts just to be sure and on my 5th cast I hook up ..
1002442qp8.jpg

Still eating it up :)
1002443fk6.jpg

Next cast ..
1002444br8.jpg

1002445es1.jpg

Kept picking them off on almost every cast ..
1002446yr5.jpg

Even a keeper :)
1002447dh8.jpg

And more Schoolies ..
1002449ea5.jpg

The bite slowed and I tried a few lures and finally went with a Black/Purple Fly with an 8" Black Rubber Worm with a 1 ounce inline sinker ..
1002450gv0.jpg

Got a few with that rig .. Even a keeper at 29"
1002455sd4.jpg

They quit eating the Fly so I switched to "Old Faithful" :)
1002456kp1.jpg

Caught a few with it but they were the smallest fish of the night so back to the Tsunami .. I get another keeper :)
1002459sr6.jpg

Next cast I get another keeper right at 28" and send her back home :)
1002460ds3.jpg

The bite slowed after that again so I played with Shad .. They were thick and I got multiple hits and landed them on atleast every other cast ..
1002464pq4.jpg

About 20 minutes later I notice some Spot trying to beach themselves so I grab the Tsunami again and get yet another keeper and the biggest of the night at 38" but already having my 2 she also went back .. I tried to take a pic but something went wrong with my camera and while trying to fix it I killed the batteries .
I picked them off for about another hour and got yet 1 more keeper at 30" and lost another in the same class as I reached for my leader .
The bite plain died at slack tide and I stayed till it got rolling again but it wasnt the "right" tide so I called it a night .. A great one at that :)
At home I changed batteries and had to clean some sand out of the retracting part of the lens .. It was locked down in the closed position .. She's a bit gritty when I turn it on but atleast it still works :)
1002466vt7.jpg

Through the course of the night I got 6 keepers and lost 1 and probably landed about 30 Schoolies with 2 being 27"
There is no doubt that the bigger fish have arrived :)

Good job - that is the Tom H. reports I know!

I have something in mind for your black worm and fly

You will like it!

Captain Ahab said:
Good job - that is the Tom H. reports I know!

I have something in mind for your black worm and fly

You will like it!
Make a deal with the Devil if ya got to but this is the week :) The tide is Perfect :)

Great job.
38"s bet that put up a good fight.I bet all of them put up good fights.

Latest posts