JB's 17' Polar Kraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't giveup looking for cheap alum. decking..you should be able to get a 4x4 sheet of .125 5052 for under 100$.

Very excited! Just picked up this jack plate from a guy on a swap and shop website message board for $45! More pictures of the boat tomorrow.

ac94df34.jpg

I've been able to get a little work done on the boat. I decided to use wood for framing and decking primarily because I have little to no experience in either, and wood seems more forgiving (and cheaper). Everything is just pieced together temporarily and I'm planning as I build, so don't be too hard on me...

Aerial view
May2012016.jpg

This is the area between the console and the bench that I'm trying to build a sealed speaker box into. Very much a work in progress
May2012017.jpg

Can't mention the speaker box without showing the speaker...
photo.jpg

Port side rod locker
May2012018.jpg

Bilge and livewell pumps
May2012019.jpg

Battery storage under rear deck
May2012021.jpg

Front framing
May2012022.jpg

Cooler box
May2012025.jpg

Seats! This is not their final resting place. I'm planning to build a box platform just in front of the rear deck.
May2012027.jpg

The aluminum livewell was pretty ugly, so I Steelflexed it...
May2012028.jpg

Front battery storage
May2012029.jpg

That's all for now. Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas or concerns. Please keep in mind that I'm an accountant, not a carpenter #-o

Gators5220 said:
Nice build =D> what r u puting on the polar kraft for power?

My uncle gave me a 70's model 40 hp Johnson that seems to be in pretty good shape. He bought a new fancy 4 stroke for his boat and said this one ran fine when he got his new one. Hopefully a good clean up and I'll be good to go. It's at my folks place right now, but I'll try and post some pics of it soon. I got some more work done this past weekend as well. I'm slacking on posting pics...

Looking real good JB! Giving me some ideas for my build, that's for sure!

What site did you score the jack plate from?

Dale

A few more updated pics. I sneak an hour here and an hour there, but it's slowly coming along. Hopefully, I'll be on the water sometime this year :?

Rear view
B9.jpg

Seat Box with speaker cutouts. Gonna mount the radio in the middle.
B6.jpg

Side view
B5.jpg

Console storage probably to be used for subwoofer in one side and fuse panel in the other.
B4.jpg

Latest posts