Joe's 1448T

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow nice looking trim unit. Maybe you could get some spacers made for the sides that will move the unit far enough away from the transom for those monting bolts to clear it. Plus that would allow you to get the motor back down where you want it.

I have the next 7 days off so I'm going to build my console and get my 25hp mounted.

Nice work.I've seen those small fiberglass consoles on ebay fairly cheap If you're looking for something quick and easy.I like it the way it is.I'd buy a Lowe but I don't know how I would order one when I don't have a dealer or reseller in my area.

Nice work man! I'm glad you put pretty detailed pictures of your trailer... I've got to do the same thing to mine (my trailer is no where as nice as yours), but I want to put horizontal bunks in and know I know how to do it.

Awesome Job! keep up the good work!

Looks real nice.
I'm sure that it will help you out more than once.
Wish I had tilt an trim.Nice job.

Nice boat, I'm probably going to get the same this weekend. I haven't decided between the 1440M and 1448T, but one or the other will be in my garage soon enough. What made you decide on the 1448?

I wanted a 14' for it's manageability, and ability to fit into my garage. Aluminum to be light enough to tow with a smaller vehicle than I currently have. 48 wide for the most stability I could get since I'll be adding casting decks. Thought about the M, but didn't want to give up the square footage on the front, and saw comments that the small V that you get won't add much benefit. Went with the T for the taller transom that would match up better with a casting deck in the back.

Thats a really nice setup you have there. how much do you have invested into it? How much did the boat cost? I'm looking to get a bigger/wider boat so I can bring the whole family out fishing. :-k

The old saying "a hole in the water that you throw money into" is very true. The boat, after deliver, taxes, license, etc was around $1800. Motor with parts and tuning around $825. Trailer with upgrades, repairs, bunks, etc around $600. Then it just keeps going, you can spend as much as you can imagine. I've so far purchased Power tilt & trim, trolling motor, battery & accessories, steering components, longer throttle and shift cables, anchor reels and mounts, gps, oars, life vests, and I haven't even started customizing yet! It's easily over $4000 and counting. Good thing I found some extra part time work to help offset these mounting expenditures!

In project management they term that "scpoe creep"

That's pretty much my life story when it comes to my boat.

But then again, that's what makes this site so great.... if everyone left well enough alone, this site would really suck. :D

True, but I knew I was going to end up spending a 'boat load' of money from the start, so can't really call it 'creep'. But yea, for me, part of the fun is what I can do with the boat, and part of the fun is the boat itself, so it is what it is. It's certainly not an investment!

jpfieber said:
so it is what it is. It's certainly not an investment!

Surley your boat doesn't know you feel this way about her? :lol:

seriously nicely done, money verses the pride and experiance and enjoyment init is priceless :D

jrfan88 said:
Here's a dumb question for you...how do you add pictures to a post?

Are the pictures on your computer or photobucket or something like that?

If they are on your computer you need to shrink them to 800x600 or less. Really for the net I recommend 600 wide. Member SMDAVE did a great little tutorial here: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3723

If they are hosted on photobucket make sure to check off the 800x600 size option, then you can link the picture URL in between some Img
tags when you make your post. If you need any more help, let me know.

Jim

great boat !!
i now see ? a center console on mine.
i like the wood set up.. simple.
u have a beauty .

Are you in salt water? You may want to consider adding slicks to the bunks to isolate them from the PT wood, you will get corrosion from the copper that will leach into the carpet and then will start attacking the aluminum. Nice build.

Latest posts