Jon conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrfan88

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been looking at jon boats lately and upgrading one. I stumbled on this site and it sure looks like a winner. I had a '04 Triton bass boat and unfortunately had to sell it last year when I moved to GA. I thought I'd be stepping down by going to a jon, but it appears I was wrong. I can't wait to start building one. I've got a couple of questions: 1) I'm looking at a Lowe 1440M (mod v) and a 1448T. I like the mod v, but I worried about stability. Which one would you buy? 2) Where can I find good pictures/instruction on building a deck and floor?

Thanks!

I'll probably spend most of my time on the 100 acre lake in my subdivision. But, I'm sure I'll hit a big lake every once in a while and maybe a river or two. I plan on keeping the boat electric so I won't be going far from a boat ramp.

jrfan88 said:
Thanks!

I'll probably spend most of my time on the 100 acre lake in my subdivision. But, I'm sure I'll hit a big lake every once in a while and maybe a river or two. I plan on keeping the boat electric so I won't be going far from a boat ramp.

With this being said I would go with a flat bottom jon.The mod V is good for choppy waters.Stability comes with width.48 wide is a good width to me.That's 4 foot across the bottom and nearly 5 feet across the gunnels.That'd make for a pretty stable boat unless you're planning to stand on the edge.

I have a flat front jon. Perfect if you are in smooth water. HORRIBLE in chop. If I could do it again, it would be mod V all the way. No difference in stability in my opinion, but the mod V handles the water better.

I have a 1648 flat bottom wit a 25 horse nissan. I have had my boat in some pretty ruff waters it doesn't bother me its a bouncy ride but i think its fun.

Latest posts