Jones'n for some fish time!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloridaBassGirl

Reaction score
Yes; I live in SUNNY Florida, but this weather has been brutal!! (OK, you have to remember you are listening to a 7th generation Cracker here who has NO concept of snow except on T.V. and Christmas cards...lol) it is not the cold so much as the winds (they seem to cut right through you at times) so fishing out in an open lake is not in my near future sadly (not to mention getting my fishing partner motivated to hit the lake these days) I NEED to fish!!! Even if it is sitting on a bank and catching some bluegill or catfish.....

I just had to get that out and vent for a moment.... I need my fishing fix! lol

Wondering... If I catch a groundhog and make a stew will it shorten winter??? :wink:

ha, so the winds just "cut right through you" ------ gee, what are they? maybe 50 degrees????? Come up here to Chicago and feel the REAL Hawk - well below zero wind chills most of the winter, plus, of course, the major snows between November and March, and sometimes 6-8 inches in April too...... Can't feel sorry for you down there when it gets so cold you can't stand it (what's that, maybe 40 or so) :lol: :lol: :lol: But good luck with that groundhog :lol:

Yup the weather has really been garbage in the south this year. I have fished anyways, the wife thinks I'm a fool, and when the guides start icing I tend to agree with her. Ya'll down in FL really don't know what to do with the cold. I went to Ft Lauderdale on a trip with the job and they didn't have heaters in the room!!!!! That 36 degree morning was brisk especially when the room temp was about 40. Hopefully you'll be abel to your fish on soon. I'm hitting the water Saturday to fish a tourney.

FloridaBassGirl said:
Yes; I live in SUNNY Florida, but this weather has been brutal!! (OK, you have to remember you are listening to a 7th generation Cracker here who has NO concept of snow except on T.V. and Christmas cards...lol) it is not the cold so much as the winds (they seem to cut right through you at times) so fishing out in an open lake is not in my near future sadly (not to mention getting my fishing partner motivated to hit the lake these days) I NEED to fish!!! Even if it is sitting on a bank and catching some bluegill or catfish.....

I just had to get that out and vent for a moment.... I need my fishing fix! lol

Wondering... If I catch a groundhog and make a stew will it shorten winter??? :wink:

Nice to meet another one, I am an 8th generation Cracker myself. Born and raised in the central FL area. I moved up to SC for a few years but found myself back here again. It has been in the 30s here at night...strange and cold. I'm hittin' the river tomorrow no matter what, but I hear it might hit 70!

Bufford in Orlando

Captain Ahab said:
Groundhog Stew? Wow - you really are from the South

Just shoot the little pest and winter ends

It is magic!

well I COULD just shoot it, but that would be a waste of good meat ( at least do it up in a chili....lol)

FishingCop said:
ha, so the winds just "cut right through you" ------ gee, what are they? maybe 50 degrees????? Come up here to Chicago and feel the REAL Hawk - well below zero wind chills most of the winter, plus, of course, the major snows between November and March, and sometimes 6-8 inches in April too...... Can't feel sorry for you down there when it gets so cold you can't stand it (what's that, maybe 40 or so) :lol: :lol: :lol: But good luck with that groundhog :lol:

I know from friends that the winds in Chicago are REALLY wicked. I will just stay here in my nice Florida... thank you ...lol
I am the type I am ALWAYS in either shorts or Capri's.. ALL YEAR ROUND (with the exception of hunting season) ..I find myself having to wear JEANS!!... YES I have seen colder here. down in the LOW teens for weeks at a time, and during general gun in North Florida sitting on a stand in 10 degree weather is DIFFERENT for some reason, I am happy to do that... but these old bones just are freaking out with the actuality of a "Winter" :-?
as for that pesky ground hog, he is very elusive these days! but I got his number..... hee hee

gunny146 said:
Yup the weather has really been garbage in the south this year. I have fished anyways, the wife thinks I'm a fool, and when the guides start icing I tend to agree with her. Ya'll down in FL really don't know what to do with the cold. I went to Ft Lauderdale on a trip with the job and they didn't have heaters in the room!!!!! That 36 degree morning was brisk especially when the room temp was about 40. Hopefully you'll be able to your fish on soon. I'm hitting the water Saturday to fish a tourney.

Ft Laud. is much warmer than here. (between Tampa and Orlando) I am planning on hitting it this weekend as well.... if it warms up cool, if not I will just have to deal and speck fish... which is just as terrific for me

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR TOURNEY!! 8)

FloridaBassGirl said:
8th generation!!.. sweet! we should get our ppl together and take a pic.....cause we are a RARITY aren't we?? :D

Yep, a dying breed for sure. My family lines are Barber, Saulsbury, Chapman, Westerman. Those are some of the close ones, direct lines. Family got here in 1820's and were cow hunters. Been here ever since.

RBuffordTJ said:
FloridaBassGirl said:
8th generation!!.. sweet! we should get our ppl together and take a pic.....cause we are a RARITY aren't we?? :D

Yep, a dying breed for sure. My family lines are Barber, Saulsbury, Chapman, Westerman. Those are some of the close ones, direct lines. Family got here in 1820's and were cow hunters. Been here ever since.

On my fathers side we have been in in both North Florida as well as Kathleen (Kathleen for over 100 years) We are Creek Indian (and a little Red Stick and Choctaw) we escaped to Florida at the beginning of the Creek Indian wars in the early 1800's..... My lines are Bryant, Walling, and Spivey on Dad's side.

WOO HOOO! I got to wear shorts today!. but still no fishing #-o I am planning on that Saturday afternoon or night!... FINALLY!
I know I will be in a much better mood once I get to cast a few times 8)

FloridaBassGirl said:
WOO HOOO! I got to wear shorts today!. but still no fishing #-o I am planning on that Saturday afternoon or night!... FINALLY!

SHORTS! What are shorts?

I went fishing yesterday - wore a long sleeve button down shirt - adhesive heatpack on my chest, then a long sleeve light sweatshirt, then a heavy sweatshirt, then a heavy wool sweater, then an insulated hoodie, then a lightweight rain jacket and a wool hat

Two pairs of heavy wool boot socks

Lots of hot coffee

AND I WAS STILL COLD!

Oh yeah, since all the lakes and ponds are frozen had to fish a tidal river where the up and down of the tide breaks the ice away

Did I mention it was cold?

I am thinking about Chicago - heard it was a balmy 40* there :LOL2:

Captain Ahab said:
FloridaBassGirl said:
!

I am thinking about Chicago - heard it was a balmy 40* there :LOL2:

Yeah, how about that, it got up to 42 here yesterday - predicting low 30's rest of the week. I can almost feel spring coming :lol:

Latest posts