Local campground fishing hole

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Today I realized I haven't been fishing in 3 weeks! Once the shock wore off, I took stock of my options. Sunset was at 6:30 and I had to work till 5. Puting the boat in for 1 hour seemed like a stretch. Instead, I made a short trip to the local campground fishing hole. These fish have been hit hard all summer long. Last time I was here, I caught one bass in 2 hours of prime morning fishing. Because of traffic I didn't get out to the water till 6:00, which left about 45 minutes of fishing.

The average air temp has been down since Monday at 40-65 degrees. The water was like glass when I got there and I didn't see anything moving on top. They say if you catch a fish on the first cast, it's bad luck. But with such a short time to fish, I was happy this guy took the very first cast....

20091001lannonparkbass.jpg

About 15 minutes later had a smaller fish on, but he got off before I could land him - like to call that the 'easy release'.

Those that walked by said they didn't have any luck, so I felt very fortunate to have some action - especially after these bass have seen every lure in the book for the last 4 months.

:D

BassAddict said:
Cool but a pic would be nice! Cant sign on to face book

Darn it, they said it was 'shareable' - so much for that idea. I'll get one up in a second.

Jim said:
What kind of bait is that?

It's a wacky rigged 5'' senko - he hit it on the third pump in 8 fow by a downed tree. I went to test some of the awesome JD baits I had won, but this was already rigged so I stuck with it.

Jim said:
what color? Laminated?

Its solid green and yellow laminate. I like yellow and green catchs a lot of fish here. No sparkles in it.

I also used one last time out that was green/yellow/green/yellow in 5 inches. It looked pretty wierd, but the fish liked it more than this laminated one.

Went a visited again today from 5:30 - 6:40. Had a hard time getting bit. Tried plastics with only a few perch bites, no hookups.

Moved around and found a new long area of 8-10 fow -this is an old quarry so this is a really nice find. Didn't have any bites on plastic, but saw a little guy working on the top. Since had a topwater in my worm box I tied it on. Caught a REALLY nice looking 14 incher pretty quick. After pictures and release I had another bite, but missed the hookup. It was OK though because that first bass was one of the nicest looking one I have ever seen. I took a few pictures, but accidentally deleted the best one - it really showed the bass well. :oops:

Fun hour of fishing before dark.

Will

Latest posts