Looking for a laptop for the wife.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honky Tonkin said:
Being the apple "admin" i.e. the apple guy for a hospital, I do not recommend bying an iPad or pad of any variety. There is no way to upgrade or repair these and I have one that is failing right here next to me. These are great secondary toys, they are specifically large ipod touches. For someone with little experience with these proprietary devices, getting your pictures and files stored on a desktop or backup drive might as well be magic.

I take these iPads and implement a configuration profile that removes all the icons from its desktop, increase security settings, and I drop a Citrix reciever icon there so that users can reach my EMR system via my citrix infrastructure. In my opinion that is their only secure business implementation for these.

If you do get one of these devices, be sure to keep up with your updates, there are thousands of vulnerabilities on the base OS.

Thank you for the honest, educated response =D>

I bought a Toshiba Qosmio with an 18" screen for my business which I use here at the house in conjunction with my desktop. Bought the wife a Tosh Satellite for Xmas. Great machines and I'd buy another one in a minute. Excellent low rate of repairs etc.
Google laptop repair history BEFORE you buy then you'll know what to expect.

I bought one of these not too long ago and really like it..

https://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_TF101/

I don't know about laptops but, I buy quite a bit of electrical equipment.
This is what I have found in general.
Refurbished: usually a polished turd.
Remanufactured: I would buy in a second. Usually as good as new in my opinion.

We bought her a new HP of some sort. Don't remember the model number off the top of my head. She did drop down to a 14.5" or 15" monitor though.

Latest posts