Lowe 1448 Mod question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoody

Reaction score
I want to remove my center bench seat in my Lowe 1448.

I have asked this already I know, but I would like more info into this topic, some have said to cut it out, but I would like to know if it is safe and if it would need to be re-inforced with aluminum, or would a well built floor keep the boat from twisting, below is a stock photo and what I want to do, please advise on this with pros/cons. along with proper way to remove it? cut rivets on outside?

Attachments

• l1448m.JPG
    l1448m.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 759
  • l1448m-c.JPG
    l1448m-c.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 784
Carefully cut the seat close to the hull, leaving the rivets in-place, they'll be covered inside. I would want to floor & carpet it regardless.

ST

Is that the actual hull you have? In the pic it seems to have a livewell in the seat you want to remove. My suggestion would be to leave the seat and just cutout enough of the seat on each side to add the rod lockers you want, connecting them to the existing portion of the seat that remains.

here's a rough sketch idea:
rod_locker_addition.JPG

Waterwings said:
Is that the actual hull you have? In the pic it seems to have a livewell in the seat you want to remove. My suggestion would be to leave the seat and just cutout enough of the seat on each side to add the rod lockers you want, connecting them to the existing portion of the seat that remains.

here's a rough sketch idea:
rod_locker_addition.JPG

Yes thats the actual hull I have, I like your idea but that bench is in my way as I want the entire center of the boat open, I catfish alot and want to mount pedestal seats in the lower floor. maybe even turn the livewell around so its running the length of boat, that will give me 15" on each side of it.

I have a 1448 lowes mod. Your front deck is higher than the other 2 benches.A rod box is fine but by the time you put a seat in the middle that give you no room.I thought about doing the same thing.But with the front being higher then the other 2 I would put the pedstal on top of the livewell put a latch on it.and get some rod strapes and put on the sides.

IMAG0003.jpg

G-6002.jpg

G-6001.jpg

G-6003.jpg

G-6016.jpg

B-2006.jpg