Lowrance Elite HDI help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarsAngler40

Reaction score
When I look at maps on the insight gen. the contours have all different colors on the maps. The deeper parts are darker blue and the shallower lighter blue. When I pull those maps up on my HDI 7 they are all the same color blue. Is there a way to change this so the depths appear in different colors?

I hope I adequately explained what I am asking.

when you state "insight gen" do you mean insight genesis? If yes, don't think the Elite series is offered with Genesis mapping.

PM Wallijig for an answer. He is a lowrance pro staff team member. I just picked up a lowrance elite 7 with navionics chip so I will follow this thread.
Tim

I just got the 5, so I'm in. Haven't gotten it set up yet. Cold and rain are keeping me out of the boat.

TNtroller said:
when you state "insight gen" do you mean insight genesis? If yes, don't think the Elite series is offered with Genesis mapping.

I have downloaded and uploaded from insight genesis a lot. I want my maps to look like how they do when i view them on the social map feature.

The Elite series will not allow you to change the color of the contours. I'm going to check and see if you can get the Navionics chip and change it that way. I know that you can on the HDS series but not sure of the Elites

I recommend just keep up with firmware updates with you Elite unit and you may see it soon. I'll do some checking. When beta testing this feature last yr, it could be only done on HDS units, however this may have changed.

Latest posts