merc 7.5 fuel problems

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluecat

Reaction score
hello. i have a 1975 model 7.5 h.p. mercury that is about to make me pull my hair out!! it will run but it will not idle. i installed a new carb and fuel diaphram kit in it. it still does the same thing!! i talked to two repair shops that said that it should work fine. but heres the strange thing,they both said to try a diffrent gas tank!!they said that they knew it sounded strange,but they said they have seen tanks affect a motor. please help!! p.s. yes the vent was open on the tank.

That's a pain in the a**. I was working on my '76 evinrude this summer and was having problems with it pulling the fuel through. With my 3 gallon plastic tank I had to sit and keep pumping the primer bulb to get the fuel through. Decided to try my buddies 6 gallon steel tank and it pulled the fuel fine. Switched back to mine and was back to pumping the bulb. Gave up on working on it for the summer, but will probably be buying a new tank this winter.

thanks for the input.i will get another tank today and i will try it later today.if it doesnt work i will just sell it to buy a 35 hp chrysler that runs,but needs a starter.i have a starter.it comes with controls and he only wants $100.00 dollars for it,and he guarantees it!!probably buy it anyway.would be an idiot if i didnt!so how is the fishing in pa. ?its good here in texas.

Latest posts