Mercury 9.9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapdYa

Reaction score
Just recently purchased a 2006 Mercury 9.9 four-stroke off CL from a local seller. It was used on a dinghy for this gentlemen's larger boat, aka, hardly used at all. The thing is in mint condition and runs like a champ. Took it out on the ICW last weekend and going again this Saturday. Runs like a dream, super quiet it's almost scary. I also had a mud motor for duck hunting before I got this, SO GLAD I got rid of that. Any recommended maintenance required on these? Local marina tech said these are pretty bulletproof...

Anyways, here are two pics of the motor. I just purchased a tiller extension so it is more comfortable driving vs having my arm all the way back for an extended period of time. Pretty happy with the extender out of the box. Tight fit and easy access to kill switch. Anyone else have experience with these?

CVIdm2V.png

jedwT2t.png

ggoldy said:
Flush, flush, flush, wipe it down with a slightly oiled rag, then flush again. Salt is your enemy.

Absolutely... Ran it for about 5 minutes or so while flushing and removed the gas connector to burn out remaining gas. Wiped down outside of motor and spray with a little Armorall ;)

Latest posts