MFD/graph mount for tiller boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorCity

Reaction score
Hey all! First time poster as I just found this forum. Have had boats all my life and recently decided to take a minimalist approach and sold my Robalo Cayman 226 and get a jon. Going to pick up a lightly used Lowe 1652MT w/25hp Yami this evening. I live in north central FL and routinely fish the nature coast from Homosassa up to Steinhatchee. If you know this area, you know how treacherous it is. This jon boat will enable me to explore the back country and creeks a lot easier. I have been running ISLA Mapping/FL Marine Tracks and took the card from my Lowrance Elite9 Ti. Can't live without it now, it's that good.

OK, here's the question: What is everyone running on their tiller boats for graph mounts? I won't have a vertical grab bar. Is there some kind of ram mount for the rail or something? I seen plenty of mounts for console boats but not much else. I plan on getting another Elite 9 Ti or possibly a used 12" Simrad from a buddy but I want it to be secure on the boat.

Welcome to TinBoats.

I don't have a tiller boat but will chime in. If nothing else it might bump this a little.

They make rail mounts, but I'm pretty sure you mean something that will mount on the round gunnel of your boat. Here are some things that come to mind.

They make some clamp-on styles. I might worry a little about how secure they are, but have not used one so don't know.

Install a short length of T-track to the inside of the gunnel and use a track mount.

Use a ram mount screwed off to the side of the bench seat top.

Scotty makes a fish finder mount that fits in their rod holder sockets. I used one on a previous boat. I'll bet other brands have something similar too.

Welcome to the site.
Googled the boat your getting but didnt see if it had a "T rail" type system on the gunnel or not.
If it does theres aftermarket connections or DYI stuff.
Like LDubs mentioned, theres probably even rail mlunts that a ram would fit in.
I know some people have added a T rail to there gunnel but would take some fabrication.
Search T rail or versa trac...alot of different boat manufactuers have there own name, for the same thing.
https://www.tinboats.net/threads/where-to-mount-depth-finder-fish-locator-on-tiller-boat.44823/
https://www.tinboats.net/threads/placement-of-graphs-in-tiller-boat.49698/

I use a Ram mount for my Helix 7. It's mounted to the bench in front of where I sit when I'm on the tiller.

Although that's my preferred spot, the ram mount could be mounted to the side hull of the boat easily enough. You would just need to make sure it's braced and the penetrating holes are sealed well.