Mike @ BlueWaterLed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question about the Truck bed kit. The picture below...Does he have 3 strips of LED's Or just the two that come standard in the kit? Where did he or you recommend to mount the switch? Will the LED's work without the key in the ignition?

large22.jpg

My guess is there are 3 LED bars... but I could be wrong.

I would put the switch up in the cab, direct wired to the battery so you wouldn't have to have the ignition on. You can run the wires down one of the inside corners of the truck bed, there is usually a drain hole there, or you can make your own. You can run that wire underneath the cab, and come inside the cab through the boot where the steering wheel comes in... shouldn't be anything but a rubber boot to come through. then mount your switch anywhere you like - in the dash, above the parking brake (if it's on the left side at the floor) or just about anywhere...

It's easy to do, just a little time consuming

russ010 said:
My guess is there are 3 LED bars... but I could be wrong.

I would put the switch up in the cab, direct wired to the battery so you wouldn't have to have the ignition on. You can run the wires down one of the inside corners of the truck bed, there is usually a drain hole there, or you can make your own. You can run that wire underneath the cab, and come inside the cab through the boot where the steering wheel comes in... shouldn't be anything but a rubber boot to come through. then mount your switch anywhere you like - in the dash, above the parking brake (if it's on the left side at the floor) or just about anywhere...

It's easy to do, just a little time consuming

That's an idea, but it would be allot easier just to turn them on and off from the back of the bed somewhere (grabbing something quick, or late at night) and not have to go into the cab at all. :-k

true... guess I'm just still stuck in the late 90s when I was all into the LEDs and strobe lights... all my switches were in the front... dang what money I wasted on stupid stuff back then

Sorry for not getting here fast Jim, been on the road the past couple of weeks. That particular kit has three lights. We usually put the switch just inside the tailgate although mine is next to my license plate. We wire them two ways, one is to go into the running lights and therefore they have to be on too hav power to the bed. The other which I do more often is to wire straight to the battery with a small inline fuse.

Mike, Could someone wire them into the cargo light(top of rear of cab) switch on the dash inside the cab? Turn the cargo light on, the LED's come on as well?