Millennium Seats.....Worth the price?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine for a few years, no stretch and still comfortable ; I did replace the straps with cables last spring.
What issues did you have with the straps? The anodized version (Pro-M series) requires drilling frame to use the cables, where as the non anodized version (B series) comes pre drilled.

My buddy decided to purchase two of the Pro-M model seats for his '23 Bass Buggy 18DLX. These are the anodized models. Wow! They are very comfortable. The quality of the build is excellent. We sat in them for approx 3 hours and they are MUCH more comfortable than the OEM cushioned seat that cam with the boat new .

I'm now going to purchase one for my bow deck for those times I do some bass or crappie fishing!

A buddy of mine down in FL put four of them in his older bass boat, he had three in a row as the only seating in the boat, plus one behind the console, all mounted on aluminum pedestals. We took turns that day at different positions around the boat. At one point we were passing under a short bridge, so I, who was on the forward casting deck, had to step down and duck as we passed under the bridge. when I got up, the dam straps caught on my multi tool pouch on my left side and my holster on the right. As I stood up, the seat pulled off the pedestal and went flying into the water. It happened again to the guy fishing the rear casting seat a bit later. Both times we got lucky and were able to snag the seats with treble hooks.
The straps drove us nuts all day.
At the end of the second day there, I was riding in the middle seat ahead of the console, we were traveling about 35 mph or so in choppy water, after a few hard hits over a couple of wakes the base of the seat i was on collapsed to the left, bending the under frame where the bolts went through it on one side.
I'm 6ft 3in tall and weigh 290lbs and was likely the smallest guy on the boat that day.
When we got it back on the trailer that evening, we could see two of the seats had some damage, and one strap was tearing over the rivet. They may be rated at 300 lbs but 300lbs bouncing over a wake or 10 miles of riding in choppy water probably put double that on the seat bases. They may be fine for someone 150 lbs but not for bigger guys. I haven't been down there in a while but someone told me those seats got removed in short order.

The bending was one thing but those straps are a safety hazard, maybe if the seat was wider and the straps didn't sit so close they may not be so bad but as they are their a nuisance. The following days we took two portable deck chairs from his big boat and used them all day. Only the seat behind the console remained in place for the rest of the week.

A buddy of mine down in FL put four of them in his older bass boat, he had three in a row as the only seating in the boat, plus one behind the console, all mounted on aluminum pedestals. We took turns that day at different positions around the boat. At one point we were passing under a short bridge, so I, who was on the forward casting deck, had to step down and duck as we passed under the bridge. when I got up, the dam straps caught on my multi tool pouch on my left side and my holster on the right. As I stood up, the seat pulled off the pedestal and went flying into the water. It happened again to the guy fishing the rear casting seat a bit later. Both times we got lucky and were able to snag the seats with treble hooks.
The straps drove us nuts all day.
At the end of the second day there, I was riding in the middle seat ahead of the console, we were traveling about 35 mph or so in choppy water, after a few hard hits over a couple of wakes the base of the seat i was on collapsed to the left, bending the under frame where the bolts went through it on one side.
I'm 6ft 3in tall and weigh 290lbs and was likely the smallest guy on the boat that day.
When we got it back on the trailer that evening, we could see two of the seats had some damage, and one strap was tearing over the rivet. They may be rated at 300 lbs but 300lbs bouncing over a wake or 10 miles of riding in choppy water probably put double that on the seat bases. They may be fine for someone 150 lbs but not for bigger guys. I haven't been down there in a while but someone told me those seats got removed in short order.

The bending was one thing but those straps are a safety hazard, maybe if the seat was wider and the straps didn't sit so close they may not be so bad but as they are their a nuisance. The following days we took two portable deck chairs from his big boat and used them all day. Only the seat behind the console remained in place for the rest of the week.
Our application....I'm 265#, buddy is 260#, and we both sat on them (at bow) at 20mph, wind chop (15-18 knots of wind) and white caps, with not a single issue. The pedestals are fit very snugly so there it is unlikely they can be lifted as described in your situation. The straps were never an issue...we like that the angle of the backs can be adjusted with the straps as needed.

I guess every application and installation is different and may have different results when using in different situations. Better the seat go over than an angler!

BTW...The Pro-M version has a weight rating of 400#. They are MUCH more heavy duty than the standard version.