Minn Kota 40AT Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdbassin2003

Reaction score
Picked up a Minn Kota 40AT today on a trade. Works just fine but it's not brand new, What should I go through and check out and perhaps oil up. Never had a foot controlled trolling motor before. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

JD :D

i wouldnt oil anything!! armorall is the best thing ive found for the shaft, makes it glide up n down when deploying and stowing effortless, you could check the brushes but if its quiet and has no lack of power i wouldnt advise it unless you have disassembled and assembled a lower unit before, its very tricky but simple if you know what your doing. check your prop for wobble out of the water(only let it run a few seconds) if it has a wobble try popping it off and rotating it 180 degrees and putting it back on. sometimes that fixes it right away, if it dont you have a bent shaft. oh the shaft i mentioned at the start is what slides up and down between turning motor and lower unit..

Latest posts