minn kota question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysail

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a bow mount, foot controlled motor. I am interested in the edge. Does anyone know how long the cables are for the foot control? Will it reach if I sat on the middle bench of my 1436, or does in have to be on the deck the motor is mounted to?

skysail said:
Im looking to buy a bow mount, foot controlled motor. I am interested in the edge. Does anyone know how long the cables are for the foot control? Will it reach if I sat on the middle bench of my 1436, or does in have to be on the deck the motor is mounted to?
Not sure of the exact length but id guess 4-6' I dont think it will reach your middle seat. This is a cable driven foot pedal. Look into electronic driven foot pedals. These models have much longer foot pedal wires as they aren't mechanically driven.

If its 6 feet it would be long enough. Im trying to stay away from the electric ones because they are too expensive for me right now. It wouldnt be all the way to the middle bench, i plan to install a pedestal between the front and middle benches since I put a floor in and I have something to bolt it to.

skysail said:
If its 6 feet it would be long enough. Im trying to stay away from the electric ones because they are too expensive for me right now. It wouldnt be all the way to the middle bench, i plan to install a pedestal between the front and middle benches since I put a floor in and I have something to bolt it to.

I have an edge 45 and had a Tracker 1436. If you put the seat pedestal between the front bow seat/step and the middle bench, there won't be an issue with the foot controller reaching.

to bad we didnt live closer to each other. I am selling my bow mounted motor. It has foot controls and a wireless remote too.

Attachments

• trolling motor.JPG
    trolling motor.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 670
RickyRick said:
to bad we didnt live closer to each other. I am selling my bow mounted motor. It has foot controls and a wireless remote too.
Is that a powerdrive v2? If yes, how come you are getting rid of it?
skysail said:
Sorry to mislead you...looks like it will reach.

Ok well I think I decided on an edge, what size shaft do people normally put on a 1436? I would like to go a little bigger just in case I get a bigger boat one day. I guess its either a 36 or a 45 in shaft.

skysail said:
Ok well I think I decided on an edge, what size shaft do people normally put on a 1436? I would like to go a little bigger just in case I get a bigger boat one day. I guess its either a 36 or a 45 in shaft.
Take the boat out with a tape measure. Measure from the top of bow to top of water line. Follow the chart below. Its better to lean on the long side rather than short, if you are right in between one size to the other.

Bow to Waterline Shaft Length
0-10 inches 30 inches
11-16 inches 36 inches
17-22 inches 42 inches
23-30 inches 50 inches
31-34 inches 54 inches

Latest posts