Minn Kota Terrova 80 with ipilot link

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassguytom

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on this motor and am waiting for it to be delivered. I got the 45 inch shaft for my 2005 tracker Tournement V18. If anyone has any tips on installation and use on the motor that would be great. I'm very excited to get this thing out on the water.

I had a Terrova 55, no ipilot though - but that should come pre-installed if you bought it new. The electric drive gives it a different footprint on the bow that most of the other trolling motor mounts I've seen, but other than that it wasn't more than a few screws and some wire to get it on & running.

Rich Zaleski (www.richz.com) always has good things to say about his - he mentions using it for staying on top of schooling stripers in the rivers around here.

I bought one last year and finally got around to networking the motor and both birds last weekend. Still haven't utilized the Link aspect yet.

You're going to need to register the motor AND the link (and the graph if you haven't already done so) on HB's website. They have 2 different serial#'s. Then download the updates for the graph(s), the controller, and the remote. Follow the update instructions carefully. Here's a general introduction of the basics https://www.jasonhalfenoutdoors.com/Linkseminar.html

Hopefully you have access to the underside of the bow area where it will be mounted, if not, might consider making access with a hatch cover install. It should mount like other TM's except for the fact these models MUST extend out over/past the leading edge of the hull by a couple inches. It looks weird and is weird, but they work, I had to have 1" of clearance between the TM shaft when deployed and the leading edge of the PT175 I mounted a 55#'r on which meant 3-4" of base hanging off the front of the boat. My 175 had plywood under the tin up front and I had a small cover I could remove for the bolts/nylok nuts I used. I did not use a MK mounting plate, you might or should consider using one, it could make it easier and better in the long run. GL

Good point - i have the removable mounting plate for my 80# now so it's not on the boat while I'm trailering it around...keeps down the wear & tear on the brackets.