Mirrocraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's a looker!

Quality trailer, too. I like me some Gator trailers.
The factory parking dolly isn't a commonly found feature.

That's the same trailer my Lake Fisherman came on back in the day.

Those runabout models are pretty scarce these days, I see 200 Starcraft boats to every Mirrocraft around here.
The closest I came to getting one was a really rough example that was for sale over near Philadelphia about 15 years ago, it had been used as a crabbing boat or crab boat tender commercially for years, they had cut away some of the splashwell, hung a 175hp V6 on it and used a 1/2" aluminum plate on the inside to repair the rotted transom wood. I left it where it sat not wanting to have to fix all the damage they did to it.
a buddy where I lived in the 90's had one, it lived in a boat house at a lake in PA I think his was a '72 model that looked a lot like yours.

The model was a Ski n Troll 14 or 16.

They had a few advantages over the Starcraft boats in my opinion, first was the absence of the huge splash tray that nearly all Starcraft boats came with in that style. The second was they were flatter across the bottom for more area, meaning they drew less water because of the lower weight. Most didn't come with floors, they were optional and came in sections.
The bottom of those early models were often painted with a heavy non slip coating to match the hull color. My '78 open hull model still had this type of bottom, but I cut floor panels to fit it as well to make moving around easier, especially since I ran a larger motor and had plenty of power to spare.
For what ever reason the open hulls were rated at 60hp, the runabouts were rated to 80hp.
I'm not sure when they changed from blue to yellow but it was around 1976-77 or so.
If you contact Mirrocraft, they're usually very helpful and if they have it on file, they may email
you a PDF of the full brochure for your year.

I found this on the web from the 1974 brochure.

1974 Mirrocraft.jpg

From the looks of the picture, $500 is practically a giveaway for that rig! I’d say it’s a dream starting point for a project boat! Good luck, we look forward to seeing more…