Missouri River Catfishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
Hit the Missouri river today to catch some catfish with two of my buddies. Fished under the Daniel Boone Bridge and a few rock dikes and did not get a single bite. I thought for sure I would catch something but you can't win them all. I was fishing with skipjack herring and the water was 40 degrees.

The river was pretty low so I went to this old trash dump site I check every year for bottles and things. The dump is from around the 1900's to 1930's I'm guessing and I always find some really cool things there. I found about 50 pounds of copper and at almost $3 a pound for scrap copper, well lets just say I scored big today. I found one large copper gear that weighs probably 25+ pounds. I'm gonna weigh it all tomorrow at my shop and cash it in. The first time in my life I actually made money while taking the boat out. :D

bulldog said:
I found about 50 pounds of copper and at almost $3 a pound for scrap copper, well lets just say I scored big today. I found one large copper gear that weighs probably 25+ pounds. I'm gonna weigh it all tomorrow at my shop and cash it in. The first time in my life I actually made money while taking the boat out. :D

Thats one serious haul! I would check some of the things, as some of those things might be worth more than scrap.

NGaHB

Latest posts