MO Smallmouth

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewt

Reaction score
Went tuesday with my little brother on Current river. Camera battery died so I didn't get any pictures. Caught 10 goggle eye and 9 smallmouth. Little brother caught about 6 goggle eye, few pearch, and 6 smallmouth. His best fish was a 15 1/2" inch on a topwater. My best was a tagged 12 1/2" smalley. I was unfamiliar with the tag and reward system. My brother told me that you didn't have to keep the fish and were not supposed to take the tag off. So I wrote down the numbers and threw the $75 reward tagged fish back into the river. Later I learned that you are supposed to keep the tag and mail it in to recieve reward. I was thinking I had just paid off my new 65$ shimano on the second trip with it. I was a little agrevated at first but it's an honest mix up. Someone else must need it more than me. lol. I'm just happy to know the tagged fish exist, kinda thought they were urban legends. It was a good day and a good story.

That's a great story. Wish you could have collected the $75 though. But now, I can go collect the $75. :lol:

Seriously....what part of the Current did you fish? I haven't been down there for about 10 years and I miss it.

Put in at round springs and trolled down. If you wanna go I'd say go in the next year because if canoes, enviromentalists, and park service get their way we'll never see it in a boat again!

andrewt said:
Put in at round springs and trolled down. If you wanna go I'd say go in the next year because if canoes, enviromentalists, and park service get their way we'll never see it in a boat again!

Is there a HP limit on that part of the river? I'm running a 225 jet and it might be too much boat for that part anyway.

Latest posts