More rain 9-12-08

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
After work I hit Lake Towhee for some spinnerbaiting in the rain. It had started raining around 12:30 and was steady for the rest of the day, so I was anticipating a good bite. I got to the lake around 3, and immediately started throwing a big white double willow spinnerbait. After about 50 of so casts to my favorite weed edges I came up empty handed, so I started to fan cast open water. After a bunch of casts I hooked into a 12" LM. Soon after my spinnerbait got messed up so I switched to a chartreuse single colorado blade spinnerbait. Soon after I hooked into two small LM on consecutive casts to practically the spot. I stayed at the lake another hour without another bite.

Since I was already soaked I figured I would stop at a creek on the way home to try for some smallies. This creek has some monster smallies in it, but they rarely bite. I was hoping the rain would wake them up....unfortunately it did not. I fished for a little over an hour and only hooked into one fish. It was fat 14" sm that hit a beaver style bait on a spot remover jighead. I tried a bunch of other lures with no luck.

91208lmtow1f.jpg

91208lmtow2f.jpg

91208lmtow3f.jpg

91208smebf.jpg

That a way to stick out the weather.
Those looked like a healthy bunch of fish.The flash(i think)made that SM look different.

Latest posts