MotorGuide Katana Two-Blade Propeller

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InSaneFisherMan

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this prop, it claims to be 30% more battery efficient?

The MotorGuide Katana Two-Blade Propeller features an innovative design that makes it the most powerful and efficient trolling motor prop on the market. Along with its power, it provides up to 30% more battery efficiency compared to previous props, and it excels in current, shallow-, and open-water applications.

We have it on our 70lb Xi3, but did not run the weedless prop long enough to say if the claims are valid. We do get some vibration when on high power in heavy current and have seen some reports on this.

I can say, that we had only 80ah LA batteries and even with full days of fishing and using anchor lock allot, in river current, batteries were never below 50% when put on charge that evening.

On our last outing, I did test the “slots” to see if that caused issue with anchor lock. It did not. Also I remember that MG recommends moving the collar to the motor end when motor is retracted. It would be near impossible to keep the slots aligned.

In the past, we had some erratic behavior when it wasn’t in the slots. There was enough friction to steer the motor, but with some slip. Eventually it dropped in and was fine.

Last edited: