Not a match made in heaven!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my 2 cents. I just finished "overhauling" a trailer that's technically too small for my boat. Weight capacity is not an issue, it's the boat width and length.

Installed bunks right next to the keel as well as out at the chine. The boat is 16' and the center bunks are 12', those at the chines are 10'.

Your rig is very light, so you can get away with a little bit. I imagine the whole rig weighs less than 1000 pounds. No trailer brakes, etc.

The lower the boat rides on the trailer, the easier to launch. Flip the bunks and make them a foot longer to the rear (you will need different brackets). On a semi-v, take the bunks as far forward as practicable. Ideally, they should be out of the water at the bow end. You will be limited by the crossmember location.

If you have little or zero deadrise use side bunks or guides to center the boat. Or use the strakes (there's probably a better word) and bunk location to center the boat.

A well fitted trailer will allow the boat to ride between the wheels, not on top of them.

View attachment 122137
Very true until you get a 20 mph cross wind or a 10 mph current hitting you broadside.

A well fitted trailer will allow the boat to ride between the wheels, not on top of them.

I sure agree with that. The chines on my boat are just inside the fenders. Not enough for me to lower the boat. down between them. I get a little envious every time I see a boat sitting on a trailer like the one in your pic.