Motorguide PowerPlus T34

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodnocker

Reaction score
When I got my boat, the owner threw in a free trolling motor. He said it ran fine but the motor leaks and shorts out. When I got it home and took it apart, the o-rings were missing, the armature was rusted some and the brushes were worn down to the wires. I am planning on getting a seal kit and thought about just replacing the brushes but I noticed that the wiring must have gotten hot also and the insulation was melted some. Doesn't seem to be all the way to the wire but I am thinking about replacing the board that holds the brushes and the wiring up to the switch. My problem with this is that there is a coil of small gauge wire that wraps around, and is glued to the housing and is then soldered to the board. What is this coil, and am I going to mess up this trolling motor if I don't connect that coil back, or if I do it wrong?

Thanks
Rodney

One more try on this. Does anyone know what the wire coil inside of the motor housing is for? I want to change out the brushes and would like to change out the board and wires that go up to the controller but am worried if I don't get the coil right, it may not work anymore.

Thanks

Latest posts