Mud /Woodrum Lake WV Mid April

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowmanJon

Reaction score
Just wanted to post.....my findings...here in WV the two 10hp lakes that I frequent most are starting to warm up..Mud River on Thurs 4-28 was 63F and Clear....hooked a 3ft musky with a visual conformation but my 4lb line and Jig Pole couldn't handle him...alost a could nice bass...on a Roadrunner....(Trying to find the Big Crappie Holes)...and Woodrums is hot now.....fish are really active temp there is 65F and not summer clear...still has light staining to the water...vegatation is growing up ....all the grasses are commin in..same with Mud river.... on 4-25 destroyed the crappie at woodrums...landed 50+ in 3.5hrs....all crappie no blue gills and one bass...but they were only around 8in no monsters like 13-15in...which I thought was wierd but I guess noone has introduced a huge strain yet....haha...ol BTW the crappie were all on Artificial jigs no live bait....things are really picking up though...gonne have a really active month comming up until the summer heat comes in...ya know when you gotta start fishing at light..just becuase thats when you don't sweat...hahha

JON

Thanks Jon... I havent been to Mud since last fall.. got the aluminum stuck on a stump LOL!! liked to never got free in 20feet. LOL!.. I thought my new motor was going to the bottom because the rear of the boat was about an inch from the water the way we were on it. Dont run the stumps when its almost dark and you dont know the path through it.

cyberflexx said:
Thanks Jon... I havent been to Mud since last fall.. got the aluminum stuck on a stump LOL!! liked to never got free in 20feet. LOL!.. I thought my new motor was going to the bottom because the rear of the boat was about an inch from the water the way we were on it. Dont run the stumps when its almost dark and you dont know the path through it.

It wouldn't have been funny at the time and I wouldn't have laughed there but reading this made me LoL.. :LOL2: I have never been to Mud but am planning on making several trips this year. Thanks for the advice :D * I had the same thing happen to me at Elk Fork but managed to get loose.

Temp at woodrum was about 1/2 way from the ramp to the turn where it opens up. Ya know?

Yea Mud has a couple nasty spots...I think that Woodrums is worse becuase just a change of a couple inches can completely disorent you to stumps or make it shallow enough to hit ones you normally don't worry about.

Latest posts