My 1436 project boat....RE: Redneck Rehab

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodscavenger

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1436 with a 1972 Johnson 25hp outboard.

My son and I got this home. We got the boat off of the trailer, I read many posts here and decided that I needed to correct some of the redneck engineering that happened to this boat.

The photo below shows a sample of what I was dealing with. I got so excited about things I really only took the after photos. I removed two rows of roller bunks and replaced with 3 flat wood bunks. I replaced a bow stop meant for a V-hull that was damaging the front of the flat bottom with a better bow stop. Many ugly welds were cut and re-done including removing the hitch seen below. The trailer now looks great. I hope to have the boat on the water this week to test it then determine boat mods (floor, front deck, seta storage, rod storage, etc.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 325
Bought my trolling motor. 40# thrust Minkota. Debating transom vs bow mount as well as front vs rear battery location.

Added wheeled jack stand up front, bought my fire extinguisher and horn for local regs.

Itching to get it in the water and see how it floats, moves and how stable vs tippy it is.

Still cant figure out a good system for storing rods in the boat. I am think a side locker that goes through the side of the middle bench.