My home lake Mcnelly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
I've been the past two Sundays and had some fun! I've yet to catch any Large mouth bass with any decent size over 12 inches but its still a h00t! Basic thing is don't fish near where all the land traffic is and either fish extremely slow or BURN it up fast.

Finally renewed my boat registration after work today, and I still haven't forgotten about McNeely, just have to get the time to get up there. Were you getting more bites at the far end of the lake?

Waterwings said:
Finally renewed my boat registration after work today, and I still haven't forgotten about McNeely, just have to get the time to get up there. Were you getting more bites at the far end of the lake?

Yes far end northeast of the dam

Waterwings said:
pbw said:
Waterwings said:

Yes far end northeast of the dam

Is the water clear or muddy? Thanks for the info! 8)

You can see down maybe 5-6ft...

Waterwings have you even been to LongRun Park here in Louisville? https://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroParks/parks/longrun/
Noticed they now have a boat ramp, may give it a shot tomorrow evening...

PBW,
Are there any large LM Bass in that lake?? I don't remember it being a real fishing lake back when I was hanging out there in the 70's. Of course, things could've changed and probably have. We never even thought about fishing there, but we were just kids on bikes back then. Later on we became kids in cars and when we'd go there late on a Friday night fishing was the last thing on our minds!!! :wink: :mrgreen:

MikeA57 said:
PBW,
Are there any large LM Bass in that lake?? I don't remember it being a real fishing lake back when I was hanging out there in the 70's. Of course, things could've changed and probably have. We never even thought about fishing there, but we were just kids on bikes back then. Later on we became kids in cars and when we'd go there late on a Friday night fishing was the last thing on our minds!!! :wink: :mrgreen:

Biggest Bass I've ever caught there was three years ago probably 3-4 pounds. I've seen some bigger ones crusing around at the edge of night. Most of the lake that gets fished hard but only on one end of the lake that isn't very deep.

Haven't been able to get to McNealy this year yet... here are a couple of hawgs my nephew pulled in when we went last summer. Both trips we caught several 14" or more.
Attach0.jpg

Jul192008004.jpg

Latest posts